AIR INJECTION TECHNOLOGY??

• Thread starter burn4me
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
burn4me

burn4me

been searching around a few sites and i came across this AIT set up. looks very interesting. i dont know if im even allowed to say where its from so i wont but i want to know if any farmers have used this method? it looked perfect for organic growing because of the no leeching aspect of it. idk though.... any thoughts from anyone?

burn4me

burn4me

The AIT constantly supplies the soil with oxygen allowing you to keep the soil in a constant state of saturation. The increased saturation of the soil ensures the plants development & growth is never limited by the amount of water or nutrients in the system and provides a soil buffer to prevent "nutrient lock-out".

Danksgiving

Danksgiving

not the same as the airstone totally because these bubble are more intense than the air stone. i have been building my own and it is not as easy as in my head, I'm on my second prototype now, the first one did not put enough oxygen through the soil and the seeds and keeping the soil at the correct temperature in my cold basement. ill keep working and let you know what i find out...

basically from what i can tell it is a 7.8L 2 port air pump a 4 quart or less grow container. from the bottom up is grow stones, then a layer of fiberfil (polyester) to prevent the soil from clogging the the air hoses, then the soil. water it until is is completely saturated and the air pump bubbles the soil. i don't really know if the bacteria are going to thrive in such a moist environment but I'm not sure we will see!

burn4me

burn4me

i understand the DIY aspect of things but their patented design is not very much. plus i was going to buy the spider ring, but now they only have the new age model. its taller than the original ones that lay flat at the bottom. so since theyre bigger wouldnt that mean less soil and less food?

T

trout head

Was wondering the same? Haven't seen any grows using that merged have you?

burn4me

burn4me

no i havent. from how it explained, why hasnt it merged before. i mean the cost of nutes alone is cut by 50-70% off top because of no leeching part. not to mention drowning the eggs off pests. win win if you ask me. i just wondering if its been played so i could bounce a few questions off of them

T

trout head

no i havent. from how it explained, why hasnt it merged before. i mean the cost of nutes alone is cut by 50-70% off top because of no leeching part. not to mention drowning the eggs off pests. win win if you ask me. i just wondering if its been played so i could bounce a few questions off of them

T

trout head

yea seems like best of both worlds was thinking about try it out for a run

burn4me

burn4me

im just gonna try 1 for my mother plant. if it goes well then an upgrade will be in order. i am really surprised more organic farms havent tried this

Wilderb

Wilderb

Anyone tried this? Was thinking about it but was wondering if someone else had tried.

HiGro

HiGro

I use these in my DWC set up and they deliver a ton of diffused oxygen they work great and clean up easy. Never tried them in soil or soil less set up.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I'm running a red frog (AIT) air ring in dwc and love it. But for hydro it needs a big pump to power it.

Wilderb

Wilderb

Hmm. So quality is good? Surprised no one has tried the soil injection? Maybe it is snake oil for soil?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

been searching around a few sites and i came across this AIT set up. looks very interesting. i dont know if im even allowed to say where its from so i wont but i want to know if any farmers have used this method? it looked perfect for organic growing because of the no leeching aspect of it. idk though.... any thoughts from anyone?
I had saw this a couple o years back.your having to leave the medium really wet all the time and wen u leave organic nutes even wen getting oxygenated the tend to go off fairly quickly.i see benefits but i see drawbacks also.but theres really only one way to know for sure and thats give it a go.if it doesnt work great with organics you can just use it as a hydro bubbler as its a similar method.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Hmm. So quality is good? Surprised no one has tried the soil injection? Maybe it is snake oil for soil?
it makes so many little bubbles it floats the whole rootball. Ive had great results. My only complaints are they don't circulate the water as well as a stone blasting. Amd they are supposed to only last a cycle or 2. I'm on my second cycle.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

We know they work in water but the original poster was talking soil(2 years ago,lol)

M

MI Jesse

I just started using this last run I crossed some stains had 3 fully seeded plants that had the quality of sensimilia just fully seeded out I run super soil TLO just add water every two days or more but can be left for 3 or 4 days without anything. I just ordered 6 more they are great.

Top Bottom