Air Injection To Root Zone In Coco/ Perlite

• Thread starter PHI
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PHI

PHI

Using Drip To Waste (DTW). I have 20l per minute of air being injected into each of 3 pots; with air domes (from AutoPot) in a 1.5sq meter tent with 660 watts of dual spectrum HID light to flower. CO2 as well kept away from the air pump. CO2 off at the moment (passive CO2 bag).The air pump is in the veg tent (so the ambient air drawn into the air pump is kept between 20 and 22 degrees celcius).
I have a data logger installed in the root zone. The first 24 hours showed a min of 18.5 and a max of 22 dgrees celcius (within my limits).

Using 50/50 coco/perlite. Next i'll do 10% coco or RDWC depending on the results. I would like to move away from coco nutes.

I have 1 inch of clay pebbles (prewashed and then soaked in pH 5.5/RO water with calmag and canna trace; to EC 0.2 or PPM 100) at the bottom of the 15L pots. Coco also pre-flushed except with the addition of Headmasta Regeneroot (Potash).

All air line and drip feed line is white iceline....

Its intense as I can actually hear the air being injected into the pots. The roots have not hit the bottom yet. Transplanted 5 days ago...Checked run off and it was 6.2. The coco is new so i suspect it will get down to 5.8 soon enough. I may drop the pH in the reservoir to 5.2 to account for the air-injection raising the pH of the continuously moist medium, if the run-off pH does not stabilise at 5.8.

Feeding now 2 x per 16 hours on, with approx 660ml per feed with approx 20% run off. Once per week a 7L per pot flush is applied at EC o.2/100ppm. During flowering a 15L flush every 2 weeks.

Nutes: Shogun Coco A/B
Silica
Fulvic Acid
Vit B6
Microbial cleaner (amonia compound)
ATA drip clean
Calmag and Canna Trace to prepare the RO water
Alternate Foliar Feeds with Organic Old Timer Veg and Kelp

No serious problems yet appart from slow growth as started hand watering while setting up so expecting things to pic up. Super Cheese - 1 sativa pheno/ 2 indica pheno. Indicas are very slow growers, thick stems, and almost no internode.

Thanks

PHI

H

happy b

Im curious to see how the plants grown useing AIT turn out.it sounds like a good idea.in theory at least.

PHI

PHI

Im curious to see how the plants grown useing AIT turn out.it sounds like a good idea.in theory at least.
Very interesting so far. Im going with cannas advice on keeping the roots between 18 and 19 C - and had this confirmed from one other source that his plants reacted well to it. Im using the data logger to watch graphs of the root zone. A handy trick so far for me, in my circumstances has been to usea night time feed to keep the temp from fluctuating more than 1 degree. I made the mistake of using 50/50 mix. I should have used 70/30 or 80 perlite/ 20 coco. Its a trade-off between oxygen and how well the medium buffers that temp! Roots have hit the bottom now. got em on 14/10. Nearly ready to flip....

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Very interesting so far. Im going with cannas advice on keeping the roots between 18 and 19 C - and had this confirmed from one other source that his plants reacted well to it. Im using the data logger to watch graphs of the root zone. A handy trick so far for me, in my circumstances has been to usea night time feed to keep the temp from fluctuating more than 1 degree. I made the mistake of using 50/50 mix. I should have used 70/30 or 80 perlite/ 20 coco. Its a trade-off between oxygen and how well the medium buffers that temp! Roots have hit the bottom now. got em on 14/10. Nearly ready to flip....
Fascinating! What data logger did you use? Updates?

Latest posts

Top Bottom