Air Intake In Cold Canada During Winter Months

• Thread starter burn1down2k
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
burn1down2k

burn1down2k

Hi,

Still working on finalizing my setup. Room is 8 x 7 x 6. 2 x 1000 HPS. Intake would be with a 392 CFM inline fan using insulated ducting. also using air cooled reflectors on their own line similar to above. i know i can't simply bring in this cold air from outside. I can draw from my other side of my basement but i obviously need something feeding that side fresh air. What would you folks due in that situation? simply make a hole to the outside? its gonna make my basement a tad chilly.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Where does your basement get its air from? Can't you just draw from the basement, then vent outside?

My basement is the kind that's essentially almost open to the outside, it's got those openings all the way around. I've blocked some of them, but not all. It gets FREEZING down there!

putembk

putembk

My intake is in the basement and exhaust is also in the basement. I warm the air by using 15' of ducting in the basement which warms the air before it is released. I am sucking in below freezing air and by the time it hits the end of the duct it is up to 60F. Still cool but manageable.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I started growing indoor in Montana under similar environmental conditions and what I did was put the fan on a cycle timer, turn on for five minutes then off for 25. It kept my room in check and kept my glass hoods unfrozen

burn1down2k

burn1down2k

thanks, yes i am going to draw from the basement and simply vent outside.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
My intake is in the basement and exhaust is also in the basement. I warm the air by using 15' of ducting in the basement which warms the air before it is released. I am sucking in below freezing air and by the time it hits the end of the duct it is up to 60F. Still cool but manageable.

You must be the one they look for via helicopter & infrared ;-).

putembk

putembk

Hmmmm.....that's probably why so many drones are always hovering over the house. Not really worried though....a small grow in Colo is not on the radar. Especially if you have the paperwork to cover your ass. Thanks for the heads up there rookie....

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Hmmmm.....that's probably why so many drones are always hovering over the house. Not really worried though....a small grow in Colo is not on the radar. Especially if you have the paperwork to cover your ass. Thanks for the heads up there rookie....

It was a joke, had nothing to do with experience.

It was relating more to a specific kind of grower with a specific kind of heat signature. Not you specifically.
Guess I should be more specific.

Specific lol.

25818C1000000578 0 image a 31 1423492133548
Article 2461412 18C090D100000578 397 636x351
Article 0 1D28F85E00000578 153 634x393

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
FLEER can't see in your building, only the heat coming from Vents, from driers or large amount of heat coming from an unusual area in your house (attic or soffits in winter), or you furnace vent, So a vent coming from your basement would be a Common place for heat to be exhausted from house. Don't believe the BS about FLEER bro.

I have no b.s. to believe.

Just pictures of infrared images used to bust people.

The fact that it is used.

the fact that it can't be used in the u.s. on your house without a search warrant.

putembk

putembk

Good points guys. Thinking though it would be a lot easier to track your heating bill than flying around in a plane. I get a readout on my energy consumption from my gas/electric company. Currently I am in the top 4% of energy users in my neighborhood. You can tell when the lights come on and go off on a line chart. You can see when I cut back in the summer. Thinking Barney Fife could figure out I have a grow going on in my house. I stand out like a sore thumb. But I am legal in this liberal state. So fuck em.....

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Hopefully one day it will be legal in all states & worldwide.

Until then it's all the closet, dresser, cabinet, shed, tent growers out there helping to support the movement.
That help keep it alive and moving forward.

putembk

putembk

Depending on the layout of the house/basement...One thing it is VERY important to check for is backdrafting of gas furnaces and hot water tanks.

Good advise. I vent through a window well in the basement. I replaced the glass with plastic and cut a 6" hole in the middle and vent about 6' below ground. My intake looks like a radon vent. I toyed with venting in the sewer and the plumber advised against it because of sewer gas coming back into the room. I also looked into venting through my gas fireplace and then the water heater. My hvac guy advised against it for the very reason you mentioned snips.

tommy2snips

tommy2snips

..continuing on that train of thought...every residence should have a CO (carbon monoxide) detector, tho many don't as it isn't required by law in most places and all the emphasis is on smoke detectors. At any rate...it's a smart safety investment to run a CO detector in the utility area of any residence with a grow in it that vents outside of the residence, no matter how slight. Be safe.
If you run a CO2 burner...you want a CO detector in the room as well...Dirty Flame = Bad.

tommy2snips

tommy2snips

For sure...a properly burning appliance, whether furnace, hot water tank, BBQ or a burner is cranking out CO2. Key word being 'properly'.
" Carbon Monoxide (CO) is responsible for almost 25% of all propane related fatalities. Carbon Monoxide is the product of incomplete gas combustion often because appliances are improperly adjusted. Properly functioning propane appliances will produce what is called an "ideal burn" during combustion and present no danger of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. Carbon Monoxide poisoning can lead to severe injury and even death. "

Fire suppression? ...well now you're just being ridiculous.
Hahahaha...I keed, I keed :cool:

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

I say FUCK EMMMM , and I'm a med user and will always be grown. Let the people choose . Let the people grow!

I

Inpain

I've rooted cutting for years and now I can't get them to root they turn yellow why

Latest posts

Top Bottom