Air pots in sealed co2 setup a bad idea?

• Thread starter Veteran
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Veteran

Veteran

Im having a problem with 1 of my 8 plants, at least 1 is worse than the others. It looks like a phosphorus deficiency to me, i will ad a pic of some leaves.

My tank contains 1,7 ec and ph 5,8 , drain is 1,3 ec and ph 6,3.
I took some coco coir out of the bottom of the 18 liter air pot and put it in 150 ml distilled water until 250ml .
After 2 hours measured 1,3 ec and 5,3 ph.

Despite my drain ph is 6,3 the ph in the medium is 5,3. Im not sure if this can cause phosphorus deficiency.

Could the low ph in medium be caused because of the co2 in the sealed room 1200ppm? I ask this because air pots make lots of contact with the air in the room and co2 can lower the ph when in contact with water.

So is air pots a bad idea in co2 setups?

Air pots in sealed co2 setup a bad idea
Chem77

Chem77

I use air pots and co2 with no problems for years. I use promix though and doubt that’s your problem. Only time I’ve had leaves look like that is from a lockout.

Veteran

Veteran

I use air pots and co2 with no problems for years. I use promix though and doubt that’s your problem. Only time I’ve had leaves look like that is from a lockout.
Thanks for your reply , now i know at least thats not the problem.

dbrzz

dbrzz

Im having a problem with 1 of my 8 plants, at least 1 is worse than the others. It looks like a phosphorus deficiency to me, i will ad a pic of some leaves.

My tank contains 1,7 ec and ph 5,8 , drain is 1,3 ec and ph 6,3.
I took some coco coir out of the bottom of the 18 liter air pot and put it in 150 ml distilled water until 250ml .
After 2 hours measured 1,3 ec and 5,3 ph.

Despite my drain ph is 6,3 the ph in the medium is 5,3. Im not sure if this can cause phosphorus deficiency.

Could the low ph in medium be caused because of the co2 in the sealed room 1200ppm? I ask this because air pots make lots of contact with the air in the room and co2 can lower the ph when in contact with water.

So is air pots a bad idea in co2 setups?
More feed, dropping EC‘s and rising pHs And a cage the plant wants more food

dbrzz

dbrzz

More feed, dropping EC‘s and rising pHs And a cage the plant wants more food
The other thing is you mention you’re growing 8 Plants are they all the same strain? Different strange like different strengths some like a strong some like a weak.

dbrzz

dbrzz

The other thing is you mention you’re growing 8 Plants are they all the same strain? Different strange like different strengths some like a strong some like a weak.
Indicate**

Veteran

Veteran

They were the same strain, i couldn´t figure out what the problem was at the time probably ec issue but it was not the air pots.

Top Bottom