Air pots medium?

• Thread starter Pzero9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pzero9

Pzero9

I’m currently familiar with growing in Kokobop. But I read with air pots your plants dry out quicker. So it’s a lot of watering and feeding. Suggestions would be great.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

In summer i use airpots bc my environment is good, in winter with low rh i use standard nursery pots bc they hold water longer, they work better outdoors.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I use 1g (orange bottom) airpots for starting plants from seed up to about 30 days old thru veg then I transplant into much bigger solid wall containers for flowering.
In the beginning, they're about like any other container as far as water and drying out goes.
It's around 15 days old where things get a little more sporty. As the roots begin to fill and airprune, I see the vigor in plants have a 2 steps forward, 1 step back growth rate as the plant starts redirecting food and water thru newly formed roots and those being airpruned causing minor stress.
This will create a perky look for a couple days followed by a tired look for a day then back to perky.

As the roots branch out and grow more, demands increase by huge leaps so they get to the point where I'm watering daily and feeding 2-3x per week. At this point it's all forward progress and is where I see plants grow at a very rapid rate with lots of metabolism, almost as if they cant get enough of anything.
Eventually they get to a point where upcanning is the only way to get back ahead of demand

IMG 1412
IMG 1415
Ina

Ina

I use 1g (orange bottom) airpots for starting plants from seed up to about 30 days old thru veg then I transplant into much bigger solid wall containers for flowering.
In the beginning, they're about like any other container as far as water and drying out goes.
It's around 15 days old where things get a little more sporty. As the roots begin to fill and airprune, I see the vigor in plants have a 2 steps forward, 1 step back growth rate as the plant starts redirecting food and water thru newly formed roots and those being airpruned causing minor stress.
This will create a perky look for a couple days followed by a tired look for a day then back to perky.

As the roots branch out and grow more, demands increase by huge leaps so they get to the point where I'm watering daily and feeding 2-3x per week. At this point it's all forward progress and is where I see plants grow at a very rapid rate with lots of metabolism, almost as if they cant get enough of anything.
Eventually they get to a point where upcanning is the only way to get back ahead of demand
How did you get it out of that pot,did you cut it?!:)

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
How did you get it out of that pot,did you cut it?!:)
lol The airpots lay flat for storage then when needed they wrap around the base and then secured with a screw in button. Then ya fill it with dirt as normal.
When it's time to upcan just reverse the process by taking out the button and unwrapping the plastic from the rootball.
Here's a video to help my description ✌

Reactions: Ina
Hippogator

Hippogator

I’m currently familiar with growing in Kokobop. But I read with air pots your plants dry out quicker. So it’s a lot of watering and feeding. Suggestions would be great.
Try Pro-mix or Biobizz. Peatmoss will hold onto water a little longer, it's great for using in air pots as far as a soilless medium goes. I like Promix for the Glomus intraradices.

Ina

Ina

They're very functional. Remove two plastic screws and it's off. I combined a couple to up pot my tomato plant I started indoors back in February.
Yes,i have seen them but i was thinking they are hole cosntruction?!:D Nooow i get it!:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom