Air Pots with CoCo

• Thread starter Stu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudFox

BudFox

So I’m on my second Grow with air pots. I like them because you can keep your plants in smaller pots longer. They will eventually get root bound, but last considerably longer. I was extremely impressed with the root system. i did my first grow in bubble buckets/DWC. I couldn’t control the water temps and ambient heat in the tent and had a few nutrient toxicity issues. I figured switching to coco would allow me to better manage medium temps and still control with hydroponic nutes.

Got around 5ozs per plant started in 1 gallon airpots and switched to 5 gallons 2 weeks before throwing them Into flower.

Shedhead

Shedhead

So I’m on my second Grow with air pots. I like them because you can keep your plants in smaller pots longer. They will eventually get root bound, but last considerably longer. I was extremely impressed with the root system. i did my first grow in bubble buckets/DWC. I couldn’t control the water temps and ambient heat in the tent and had a few nutrient toxicity issues. I figured switching to coco would allow me to better manage medium temps and still control with hydroponic nutes.

Got around 5ozs per plant started in 1 gallon airpots and switched to 5 gallons 2 weeks before throwing them Into flower.

When I've used my 2 gallon/ yellow bottom air pots I've noticed that I get tighter node spacing on my plants, and they dont seem to stretch as much when flipped. It's for this reason I don't use them anymore as I like my plants to have a good stretch when flipped, perhaps if I wanted smaller plants I'd use them more often or if I had a really lanky plant I'd use them on that. Peace all shedhead out!

Top Bottom