Air pots??

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Surfr

I am thinking of using 5 gal air pots for coco, but I am wondering how often these babies will need to be watered.. The plants will be about 4' tall after stretch.. If i can get two days in-between waterings I would be stoked.. If the air pots are going to dry out too quick, I will just go with 5 gal buckets.. Oh and so people don't get confused, air pots are the plastic ones with a bunch of holes everywhere, not the cloth ones..

:character0180:

M

moodster

i water my 2 gallon ones every 3 days so u shud be fine for 4 or so

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i needed to water my last run every other day with 5 gal smart pots and roots organic soil. so if coco drys out quicker you may need to water more. i think if you let the roots fill the pot before stretch and then flower you will need to water every other day as well. i had higher temps for a bit in the beginning my average temp was 84 throughout the run.

A

antimatter

I had to water my 10 gallons of coco in smartpots every single day with temps in the 80's a lot of evaporation in those sort of containers be careful with the salt build up from increased need to water, im going back to regular plastic pots hope you have better luck.

A

Azzazal

Ouch< here I am hitting and old thread.

Air pots are a great thing, not to be dismissed as too hard to water or requiring more maintenance.
When buying air pots it really is a good idea to remember that a 10l airpot will be equivalent to a 5/6l normal pot.
Air trimming the roots with this design works. They are not the same as the air socks, erm air sacks erm smartpots....

I have a series of plants, hand watered every 2 days in 10l, 6l and 3l air pots. All started 12/12 and are crammed into a 1mx1m tent.

10l pics first 2,6l next 2 etc.

DSCN3020
DSCN3021
DSCN3025
DSCN3026
DSCN3027
DSCN3031
H

Hylife

Your coco builds up salts and toxic gasses you definitely always need to feed coco every day to prevent this.

A

Azzazal

Your coco builds up salts and toxic gasses you definitely always need to feed coco every day to prevent this.

That is not the case as long as you run off 10/20 percent, every 2 days for a 10l pot is not ideal but works. I have no idea what you mean about toxic gases, perhaps you will share where you get the idea that any medium and lack of watering builds gases?

S

somoz

Air pots seem to be popping up on all the boards, your plants look legit azz, nice work! Haven't tried the air pots yet but a lot of smart part growers seem to be shifting towards them...

A

Azzazal

I buy air pots as they are great for stealth. they come flat packed from my local hydro supply. Before using though I would check out the web and look at the promo videos from the caledonian tree company, They reckon a 10l pot is equivalent to 20l normal pot. I would normally call BS to the claim but after a seedling fully rooting a 3l airpot in 7 days I'm inclined to agree.
If anyone want any photos of growth or root formations, post and I shall be happy to oblige.
They cost about 4 sterling for a 10l pot, normal pots are what 2/3 quid?
PS they are the perfect LST pots as they are pre drilled! :dance

O

okcomputer42

I'm trying out Coco in Airpots for my first coco run. I'm pretty excited.

@ Azza- I read your whole experience with that combo over at grasscity.

Peace and love,
OK

S

shift00420

i run coco/perlite mixture & love it!! Im not sure about the gasses thing..?? ive never heard of that problem. my experience with coco is that it holds water till saturated and then runs off the rest thats why i use perlite to allow for more air. if i feed every day the coco stays wet & that will allow fungus gnats thrive. so i feed every other day & flush every 2 weeks. its been working great for me. im not an expert just giving my experiencees with the stuff. ohh yeah i use the coco in 3gal smart pots also.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I like the fact that these come apart for EASY, DELICATE transplant, and easier, more thorough cleaning. My local shop gave me one to test out and I'm going to get 'er going tonight. Anybody in the 719 ought to know about Olympic Hydro Supply off South Nevada in the Springs. The guys there are more than fair, and great people, as well. (No, i'm not affiliated at all- they've just been really good to me and I want them to succeed).
I began using smart pots a couple months ago, and have a love/hate relationship with them. If this is a better alternative, I'm on board. Peace

A

Azzazal

I'm trying out Coco in Airpots for my first coco run. I'm pretty excited.

@ Azza- I read your whole experience with that combo over at grasscity.

Peace and love,
OK

Hi mate, I stopped posting over there due to lack of active posters!

Smoking one of the 4 atm. :dance Not properly cured, dried over my pc monitor but tis a great smooth smoke so far! Peace out and GL on your grow!

Latest posts

Top Bottom