Air Purifiers? anyone used one?

• Thread starter PSmalls1985
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PSmalls1985

PSmalls1985

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with using an air purifier. I want to vent into my attic from a loft closet and don’t want to cause water damage/mold in my attic. was also hoping it would help get rid of the smell as well. my buddy has an omni aire OA2200 air filter system. would love any advice/opinions. thanks!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with using an air purifier. I want to vent into my attic from a loft closet and don’t want to cause water damage/mold in my attic. was also hoping it would help get rid of the smell as well. my buddy has an omni aire OA2200 air filter system. would love any advice/opinions. thanks!
You need a filter that's efficient in removing VOCs. I would not vent to the attic. Either to the soffit or ideally toss in a roof vent.

PSmalls1985

PSmalls1985

so with an efficient air filtration system, would i hypothetically be able to recycle the air in a sealed room?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

so with an efficient air filtration system, would i hypothetically be able to recycle the air in a sealed room?
You don't need a purifier... you will need heat, ac, humidifier (only a couple weeks not a must) dehumidifier preferably on controllers. So you want to make sure they are either mechanical or have auto restart functions... Basically if it's digital make sure it has auto restart... this is because controllers cut the power to control the equipment.

PSmalls1985

PSmalls1985

my main concern is odor. keeping the odor at a minimum. inside my house is OK, but I can’t have the odor leaking from the front door or anything. I was told that a nice air purifier with both dehumidify the room and make it possible to recycle air, successfully, in a completely sealed room. (I will be using my Central A/C for temperature control.)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

my main concern is odor. keeping the odor at a minimum. inside my house is OK, but I can’t have the odor leaking from the front door or anything. I was told that a nice air purifier with both dehumidify the room and make it possible to recycle air, successfully, in a completely sealed room. (I will be using my Central A/C for temperature control.)
Only if it removes VOCs effectively... I doubt the home air purifier will do much... a carbon filter as a scrubber is what I use in my sealed room...

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I have one of these. If you keep up with the maintenance it will likely cover 99% of that smell.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Only if it removes VOCs effectively... I doubt the home air purifier will do much... a carbon filter as a scrubber is what I use in my sealed room...

I keep one of these just outside the flower room, or just inside, and it's done pretty well. Just gotta change the carbon filters.

PSmalls1985

PSmalls1985

I keep one of these just outside the flower room, or just inside, and it's done pretty well. Just gotta change the carbon filters.

how much does it help remove odors? the filter i have access to ranges upto 1000 cfm, for $400. a new one would run over $1000. don’t think i should sleep on this deal!

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Vent filtered air into the room that the grow closet is in with a fan and carbon filter, and just have another carbon filter and fan in the room, keep the doors shut and you should be good if there's decent negative pressure.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

how much does it help remove odors? the filter i have access to ranges upto 1000 cfm, for $400. a new one would run over $1000. don’t think i should sleep on this deal!

I'm just some asshole on the internet, I can't tell you what to buy! 😄

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I can’t even smell the buds unless I open the tent and get a whiff. Lol

PSmalls1985

PSmalls1985

I can’t even smell the buds unless I open the tent and get a whiff. Lol

for real? would you be able to draw a diagram of your set up and post it? i would really appreciate it. haven’t been able to find any info on these things being used in grows

PSmalls1985

PSmalls1985

I exhaust into my room from tent btw. Lol

this is the kind of comment i was hoping to see. Can you take a minute and describe your set up to me? i have a couple different options, especially now with this air purifier. just to avoid any and all potential problems, i want to keep the odor to a minimum. if you have successfully created a grow that emits no odor, whatsoever, you would definitely be the first person to tell me that it actually is possible to do.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Well it’s not being used in a grow per say. Lol
And what do you mean by diagram?

PSmalls1985

PSmalls1985

just how you have your air vented to and from. not a grow? i’m confused

Top Bottom