Air Temp vs Leaf Temp

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

The seedlings have perky leaves pointing upward a bit. The air temp is in the low 70s but the leaf temp is high 70s. These are autos, which should be controlled for, leaf temp or air temp?

B

Bdubs

Light intensity/distance can influence high leaf temps. None or too little air circulation/fans. Lack of lower temperatures at night/small temp swings. No or too little air exchange rate.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
The seedlings have perky leaves pointing upward a bit. The air temp is in the low 70s but the leaf temp is high 70s. These are autos, which should be controlled for, leaf temp or air temp?
My leaf temperature is usually a few degrees lower than the air temperature. What is the distance between the light and the tops of the plants and the power level?

B

Bdubs

1900ppfd max light. 50% @24” has my leaf temps at 72. Room temps run 72-77 peaks during lights on. 65-68 lights off. 6” oscillating ACinfinity fan on level 2, 24/7 blowing air above and not directly on the plants. Humidity set points 48 night and 58 day. My Leaf Temps are identical to my probe. Probe positioning makes a difference on variance between the two for sure.

2 months of data, shoot for something like this. Leaf temps and everything will fa in place with proper environment setup, including light distance and intensity.

IMG 9064

Latest posts

Top Bottom