Airconditioning Question

• Thread starter mace
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Socachi

Farmer Jon & TyKaycha thanks for the help on that. I wasn't sure if the humidity would get too high or not. It looks like ac is the way to go. I currently have only 1200W but this summer it'll be uped to 2400W and I'm looking at using a portable uniit I have which should be more than enough based on the 5btu's per 1kw

M

mcattak

With vertical lighting, non-aircooled, the humidity in the flowering room is sub 20%. Previously, while using standard aircooled hoods, my humidity was in the 40-50%.

I am bringing in a swamp cooler to increase my humidity and help control temps a bit.

Wow 20%...I cant keep mine below 50% with these mpb's...

L

Lost

Lost

Thanks for all the info on the threads you have added to. In the past 4 hours I have changed my mind with almost every post on mini splits. I stated getting ready to buy a 14k ( $389.00) portable unit from Ebay at the start of the day LOL.

Well after all the reading I was set on the least expensive ( $650) 12,000 BTU unit I could get. After more reading and following links and researching, I'm going with a 12,000 BTU Inverter 16 SEER unit for about $895 with free shipping if picked up . It comes with 16 ft hose.

My question is can they be shortened?

Glad I took the time so far to do a lot of reading. By spending 200 more and going from 13 SEER to a 16 SEER Inverter I think will save a lot. I will still have my 13500 BTU portable but it should just be back up. Next year the Ice Box will be in place.

Now to find a HVAC guy for the final install

Thanks for the info

nc

I think they can, but there is no need. I have about 5 feet too much with my 26 foot lines and I just made the routhing a little less direct. When you measure it up, 16 feet is not much and you can move the condenser unit around outside if it really a problem. :)

N

noone88

Wow 20%...I cant keep mine below 50% with these mpb's...

Bizarre.. just shows that every grow room has a different environment.

I'm using a minisplit for cooling. From your pictures, I think you're using a standard AC/air handler? Maybe that's causing the difference?

matamus

matamus

Thanks Lost. Any info on swamp coolers, are they good to use in a grow?

I used a swamp cooler in my last flower room, during summer, it kept stuff mid to upper 70's an rh was fine but then again we struggle to get above 50% even at night. If you live where it is dry and are not running a sealed room a swamp cooler worked for me, I also was sucking out probably 700 cfm in air too, if your worrying about RH right now a swamp cooler is not the way to go.

M

mcattak

Bizarre.. just shows that every grow room has a different environment.

I'm using a minisplit for cooling. From your pictures, I think you're using a standard AC/air handler? Maybe that's causing the difference?

You think a mini split tales more moisture out of the air...Interesting...

Latest posts

Top Bottom