Aircooled Reflector & Ducting questions...

• Thread starter HustleTrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HustleTrees

HustleTrees

Hi everyone,

I had a few questions regarding a Secret Jardin DR80 that I am setting up.

When it comes to duct tubing, is the insulated stuff the way to go? I have about a 6-8 foot run to the window from my closet.

736950.jpg

I'm only running a 400w HPS, but I noticed some of the regular duct hose has pinholes in it, I'm afraid it might just be the nature of the beast.

Plain_Flexible_Duct.jpg

Any suggestions?

Also, regarding my Sun System I hood, which is air cooled, has "air diffusers" which you can kind of see here that are cover the air cooling ports:

SSSuperSun2010350.jpg

I'm thinking these are major restrictions in airflow, would it be wise to remove these or would I hamper my performance of the reflector?

Thanks in advance everyone.

R

RMCG

Spend the extra $$ on the insulated ducting. Even a few feet of hot ducting will add to the ambient temps in the room that contains your tent. Easiest to just get rid of it before you have to worry about dispersing or cooling the ambient air.

Z

zoeronerer

always use insulated and the silver ducting tape(space tape) .... you can cover the hood with the tacky heat blanket material its easy to cut for extra insulation....

sedate

sedate

hustle trees said:
I'm only running a 400w HPS

That's pretty minimal. I don't think you need anything more than standard duct work.

RMCG said:
Spend the extra $$ on the insulated ducting. Even a few feet of hot ducting will add to the ambient temps in the room that contains your tent.

^^^ This is technically correct, but I disagree in terms of context.

Two or three feet of standard grow-type ducting isn't going to increase temps by much of anything, especially off a puny 400watter.

Besides, in a tent, space is at a premium - no way I'd waste it on that stuff.

hustle trees said:
I noticed some of the regular duct hose has pinholes in it, I'm afraid it might just be the nature of the beast

Pinholes? No way - take that shit back to the seller. It wouldn't meet code like that.

Anyway - the ducting you want isn't that stuff man - get the hydrofarm stuff made for grow rooms. That shit you are working with is totally impossible.

http://www.planetnatural.com/site/order.html?id=LPeGwoDP:76.120.19.31

G

Gro

spend the xtra 20spot and get the ss2.way more efficient hood imho.also buying equipment that gives you room to grow is always a solid move.your duct run is short so the material you use comes down to cost/efficiency.good luck.:sun

Top Bottom