airpots

• Thread starter kung
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kung

kung

hi i have a few seedlings which i want to put outdoors in pots. ive seen some people using airpots which are meant to create a better root system and healthier plants. they are expensive tho. do they actually make a big difference? or should i save my money for other thing like fertilizers and stuff?

Bannacis

Bannacis

air pots work great, but if money is an issue... and depending on size of pot, you can make a raised bed and use burlap or airy material.
Just put in four stakes in ground and have them stick up the height you want, take your burlap and wrap around stakes, then put in your soil.

P

Protaide

Ye I've used them and they definitely do prune as advertised. However, a lot depends on the size of the container; as to whether you'll gain a benefit or not. If a plant is in a container long enough to become root bound and slow growth; then the same age/size plant in the Air Pot will still have room to grow from auto-pruning and thus get larger. If your not @ root binding point by the end, then it would be hard see much difference.

What I consider the most important with airpots; be sure that you start young plants /cuts in their smallest size (e.g. 1L) to "Setup" auto pruning at a small age. If you take a root bound and spiraled plant from a cup and put into an air pot, in general, you will not see a big difference.

organix4207

organix4207

Agree with Bannacis, air pots definitely work. It's night & day. Burlap sacks work just as good. The air pots naturally air prune the roots and create massive root growth. Trust so worth Ya money,
Respect & Positive Vibes
I was at local hardware store and came across this stuff.

HT1lnFWFKlbXXagOFbXl.jpg

It's called dimpled drain sheets. It's for use in basement waterproofing. I'm picking up a roll and going to do a diy air- pot clone. The end of each cone will have to be drilled out. Other than that this stuff looks like the shit!!!

Power OG

Power OG

I was at local hardware store and came across this stuff.

HT1lnFWFKlbXXagOFbXl.jpg

It's called dimpled drain sheets. It's for use in basement waterproofing. I'm picking up a roll and going to do a diy air- pot clone. The end of each cone will have to be drilled out. Other than that this stuff looks like the shit!!!
Good find that will definitely work, looks just like air pot materials

straincreation

straincreation

Sorry for hijacking your thread. I use air pot for my koms i had one mom in a #2airpot for a whoke year before i had to transplant and ya they make a difference.
Happy farmin;)

organix4207

organix4207

Sorry for hijacking your thread. I use air pot for my koms i had one mom in a #2airpot for a whoke year before i had to transplant and ya they make a difference.
Happy farmin;)
Ya @Lazarus00 is right . dimple drain sheets. All stores like home depot , Rona , etc will sell it in rolls. There's all kinds of different types and patterns. could be cool to experiment with different size holes , # of holes , hole placement etc.
And ďoesnt cost $100 a fucking pot!!
Sorry "airpot" your secret sauce is out. Lol

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Ya @Lazarus00 is right . dimple drain sheets. All stores like home depot , Rona , etc will sell it in rolls. There's all kinds of different types and patterns. could be cool to experiment with different size holes , # of holes , hole placement etc.
And ďoesnt cost $100 a fucking pot!!
Sorry "airpot" your secret sauce is out. Lol
hahahaha!!theyre gonna come for you now! i was thinking the same thing to mess around with diff patterns and simple spacing...ima get squirly next grow and have like 4-5 diff home made airpots

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@organix4207 did you say you got this at a local hardware store? Or is there a place online to get this same one?

Latest posts

Top Bottom