Airstones

• Thread starter Kpezzy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kpezzy

What are some of the best and where can you get them, I am thinking of buying very nice ones but I am torn
the ones I am looking at are the "FlexAir Disc Diffuser"
Thanks farmers.....KPZ®

Airstone
W

WomBat

I have alway prefered discs over bars and i honestly never had a problem with the ones i get from petsmart topfin brand i think

P

Pandaman

I agree

Active Aqua 8.5 inch round disc

http://img718.invalid.com/img718/4461/eco5439.jpg

Giving this one a try once it shows up at my door. 8.5inches across! Should have a nice wide disbursement of bubbles :)

Peace

sky high

sky high

I bought 7 of those diffusers for a new system I'll be building soon, kpezzy.

look like good stuff!

s h

B

Bama

I use the 3.5 inch cylinder looking ones and they work great. No issues yet.

J

Jalisco Kid

If you are still looking at dwc I would get something self cleaning. JK

P

Pandaman

Nice site, thanks Jalisco Kid! Do you know who sells this retail or is this a common product that most Hydroponic Stores sell?

Thanks

J

jordisgarden

I understand in hydro you have to have em. how about just oxygenating the water i feed my plants? is that ok to do?...when i mix up my mayan microzyme. i use themmix up the juices with some sugar and mollassess. after 2 days there is groups of slime floatin around and i know its good to go...buut is there nything else i can do with my stones? thanks guys

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

How do the silicon diffusers match up against the ceramic micro-pore diffusers? I was told the silicon ones don't last as long...

J

Jalisco Kid

It cost 6 bucks a ft. I have some that are on their 8th cycle. JK

V

vertstyle

Active Aqua 8.5 inch round disc

http://img718.invalid.com/img718/4461/eco5439.jpg

Giving this one a try once it shows up at my door. 8.5inches across! Should have a nice wide disbursement of bubbles :)

Peace

I run mostly 6" long blue pet store bar style stones, but got one of these in one of the buckets to try it out. Mine is the same brand but about 5" round. It does seem to make more and smaller bubbles than the long bars do.

The alita round ones are supposed to be the best. They are over $20 a piece if I remember right though. They also need a lot of air. I'm using a pondmaster ap-100 on 12 buckets and i like it so far.

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

Can I get an update on the performance of the flex air discs? I'm soooo close to pulling the trigger. I will be pumping 28 lpm through mine. Any issues? They look ideal other than they look pretty thick? I mean, how far do they sit off the bottom of the containers? Thanks!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom