Aj's Sour Diesel

• Thread starter purekushkills
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
A person should try to gather any elite cuts they can get their hands on so they can decide for themselves. Then they will find out that they can find stuff just as good in seeds they buy. Lots of good phenos from seeds. I have friends that have some good shit they found. Some from Nirvana and companies like that.

You need some elites so you know when you grow seeds they measure up.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I want to say this first. I know I have the real ECSD. I don't know if I ever had the real AJ cut. You can never be sure about anything.

AJ is a moniker for ECSD, AJs is straight up SOUR d not 'original diesel' aka headband

No it isn't. It is a johnny come lately. It appeared after ECSD became a star on the east coast. It taste nothing like the real ECSD. It just doesn't.

the AJ cut being the rarest to be found once the original seed stock left NYC and popped up in Cali leaving behind herm seeds back East for people to bread with.

Seriously...don't get caught up in the name game...if you want the best Sour D...find AJ's cut

So the East just got stuck with hermi seeds. LOL! The real deal, original ECSD is an East coast strain. We also didn't get stuck with hermi seeds. Maybe the hermi seeds are the one the west coast is trying to pass off as ECSD.

The AJ's cut I had was not real ECSD. They don't taste the same and the high is not the same. ECSD is a blazing moon rocket ride.

AJs cut doesn't taste anything like it and does not have that initial toke or two blast off high.

Why do people say Chemdog found 12 seeds in a few bags of pot and got the various chem lines but don't think anybody else found any seeds in the same kind of pot Chemdog bought.

But the west coast boys found the seeds of the accidental ECSD cross and found better stuff. No freakin way.

The ECSD is the one. The old school, early 90s east coast strain. It's around. You just gotta be able to run into it and get a cut.

I can also agree it would be possible for AJ to have had some of those original ECSD seeds if people think that. But those people will also have to admit that somebody else also found the very same seeds that Chemdog found in the very same weed that Chemdog found them in. Making all the Chemdog cuts not clone only one of a kinds.

AJs cut is not the ECSD that started it. AJs cut is a hype machine cut started by AJ and his friends to make it more than it was. Just like a lot of strains. All you need is 5 or 6 person crew and the internet.

ECSD is alive especially on the East Coast. Held very tightly by some. It is a clone only.

The real RKS is alive and well too but held tighter than most anything known. Very, very few people have it anymore. Some have a cut they found in the old seeds and some still have some seeds.

Many people think they have the real ECSD or the real RKS until anybody that knows those strains smokes them or smells and tastes them and they know they don't have them.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
That is the really interesting part to me Northone.

How did Grim get that idea. I will post the link. I never saw Rez post he used it. But I came across it when I was researching Chemo.

Scroll down to the S and Sour Diesel. Rez never posted in that thread and called him on it either. I don't know myself. I just happened to this hidden little factoid one day.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=24348&page=1

P

purekushkills

daaaamn....so after all the hype and this thread...the AJ cut is not the real deal huh? The ECSD is the one that I love as well Tabor. Skunky, stinky diesel :D

AJ's cut seems like it may be ECSD's precursor, but it aint Sour D. Why not call the crosses something different than "Sour OG" or "SourDawg D". How about Grapefruit OG, or something more fitting.

When I want sour, I want REAL sour.

-Purekushkills

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
AJ's cut is a real deal if it is original diesel or another seed find from ECSD or an s1. I am just saying I don't think it is the real deal ECSD clone only.

Also some people like Original Diesel (headband aka daywrecker) better than ECSD. Some people like ECSD better than anything and some people like Chemdog D beter than everything. Different strokes for different folks.

Some sativa lovers wonder why anybody even grows indicas. The world of weed is a smorgasbord of individual tastes. Nothing is the best to everyone.

P

purekushkills

absolutely true. This AJ's cut may be coveted by some...traditionally though I have noticed that people tend to lean towards the skunky side of the diesel line; rather than the fruity side.

That is why so many old school cats can dig the sour d that is goin around these days...reminds them of old times :D

-PKK

fractaLz

fractaLz

Swerve got the AJ Sour from Chem, the man himself. AJ stands for Asshole Joe, because homie would sell zips for $500 and up, even to heads. Every Dead family member on the east coast knows the AJ Sour, its what everyone was seeing on tour and through the delivery services. The NY family and Western Mass family are the ones that really got her going. It was passed and held tightly between Dead family and Phish kids. She really started to get passed out of the tour circle in 2002-2003.

People fuck names up all the time, particularly in this game. The AJ Sour that Swerve is breeding with is straight up Sour D. Could someone's "ECSD" or "Sour D" or "Sour" be the real deal? Absolutely... Particularly when people started passing it out when it wasn't supposed to be . This was a TIGHTLY held strain and ruined many a' friendship. This strain took care of A LOT of families on the east coast. Nobody in NY calls it the East Coast Sour Diesel, its just Sour Diesel or Sour. And only heads refer to it as AJ Sour to distinguish it from all the watered down crap.

It yields well, and takes between 11-13 weeks to really bring her out. She has fat ass calyx's with pinkish pistils, and dark green single ("fingerling") leaves, that curl and accentuate the lighter green color of the bud. She smells like sour fuel/kerosene, and that transitions right to taste.

She is one of the most addicting strains IMHO because of that lip smacking funk and soaring high. That sour fuel taste just hangs in your mouth and throat, and lingers on your lips after exhale. Its high is instantaneous and soaring, definitely rocket fuel for the mind:)

fractaLz

fractaLz

Swerve,

Rez didn't get his SD from me. Only KKSC. His watered-down "Diesel IBL" (lol) can't hold a candle to the real deal AJ Sour. Real Diesel heads can tell the difference by sight, smell and high. One hint, Rez's gets you high for 20 minutes. AJ Sour keeps you blasted for hours. Just the facts.

Danko's right, the AJ keeps you fuckin lit.

G

grenbone

I can see how the label 'ECSD' originated (considering that it originally came from Western Mass/Upstate NY).

C

CAPO

So the East just got stuck with hermi seeds. LOL! The real deal, original ECSD is an East coast strain. We also didn't get stuck with hermi seeds. Maybe the hermi seeds are the one the west coast is trying to pass off as ECSD.

I am from the EC also, and all versions of SD came from hermie seeds....period. There's alot of versions out due to people combing through their own hermie seeds to find a stable pheno.

The AJ's cut I had was not real ECSD. They don't taste the same and the high is not the same. ECSD is a blazing moon rocket ride.

Just another pheno...but AJ's came from the original batch of herm seeds, just like ECSD.

AJs cut doesn't taste anything like it and does not have that initial toke or two blast off high.

Why do people say Chemdog found 12 seeds in a few bags of pot and got the various chem lines but don't think anybody else found any seeds in the same kind of pot Chemdog bought.

But the west coast boys found the seeds of the accidental ECSD cross and found better stuff. No freakin way.
All those "west coast boys" are originally from Albany...at least the kids who "accidently" created SD.
The ECSD is the one. The old school, early 90s east coast strain. It's around. You just gotta be able to run into it and get a cut.

I can also agree it would be possible for AJ to have had some of those original ECSD seeds if people think that. But those people will also have to admit that somebody else also found the very same seeds that Chemdog found in the very same weed that Chemdog found them in. Making all the Chemdog cuts not clone only one of a kinds

AJs cut is not the ECSD that started it. AJs cut is a hype machine cut started by AJ and his friends to make it more than it was. Just like a lot of strains. All you need is 5 or 6 person crew and the internet.

ECSD is alive especially on the East Coast. Held very tightly by some. It is a clone only.
There is no lineage difference...it's just a different pheno.

The real RKS is alive and well too but held tighter than most anything known. Very, very few people have it anymore. Some have a cut they found in the old seeds and some still have some seeds.

Many people think they have the real ECSD or the real RKS until anybody that knows those strains smokes them or smells and tastes them and they know they don't have them.[/QUOTE]

Please refer to Sunsim for your pheno questions as he is the only cat that has taken the time to breed SD out enough to see ALL the phenos.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Remember in biology or chemistry class they would have everyon in class taste different substances and people marked what they tasted. Then when you compare class some people could taste one thing and other people could taste another thing and a few people could taste everything. Or only a certain percentage of people could roll their tongue up in a tube. It is a genetic thing.

Well that is how it is when you taste weed and smoke weed. Some people tatse this and others taste that. Some people get high off one thing and somebody else can't even tell they are stoned.

To me and many of my area friends when we smoke the ECSD some of us find the sour smell more. Some find it sour like sour dough and some find it a sour candy smell with an underlying fuel oil smell. Others find the fuel oil smell powerfully and just a hint of the sour.

When I first came across the Sour Diesel it was in the 90's. And quite honestly nobody called it anything except sensimilla. Sometime in the late 90's I was trying to score as much of it as I could. I was trying for 50 lbs. When I went to the guy who use to get it it hooked me up with his New York friends. Thats when I found out how freakin expensive it was in New York. I ended up just buying a pound for headstash.

They called it Diesel. It was all they sold because nobody in NY wanted anything else through the bike messenger delivery. A would get some once in awhile. later they did start having Sensi Star because that was the other big thing in the delivery circles. I always got the diesel.

All these pot names were not used in my circle of friends like everyone has now. It goes through phases. In the early 70's there was mexican, columbian and thai. Anytime anybody had something good they called it lumbo. We just ignored names. Yes we had Panama Red, Acapulco Gold and Columbian Gold. You couldn't be misled on Columbian Gold because it was a golden white like a bag of sawdust.

But now the name game is ridiculous.

I lost my new York connection around 2004. I been looking for that diesel ever since. Everything I got failed the taste test. I went through many called ECSD and some called Sour Diesel and Rez's SD ibl cuts (everybody had the best cut) and still nothing.

Then another online friend had what he said was the real sour diesel. When I finally got to grow it out it did taste like the one I was looking for.

Researching this stuff is crazy. Today I found a few posts on sites I never knew existed that the first pot they called NYCD was mexican x chemo. That might be why Grim thought Rez SD ibl was Mexican x Chemo. Figuring he just got the clone and back crossed it. But that isn't what Rez did evidently.

Here is a question. in the Chemdog history where it says a room of Chem x Mass SS/NL got hit with accidental DNL pollen.... Was that Chemdog who did that? If it wasn't how would he even know if his AJ cut was the real ECSD?

Also is Joebrand (guy who hooked of Chemdog with the weed with the 13 seeds) also Asshole Joe?

I really wish someone new about this Mexican x Chemo too.

I freakin love this thread. Can you tell? Am a talking to much? Blame it on the Chemdog D, white and GDP/Bubba Chunk hash. It is a special blend off mixed trim bubble. Not for the meek. LOL!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I was typing while you were posting capo.

It makes more sense that people have seeds from that first accidental pollination. The various phenos and all.

Who were the east coast guys that went out west and had the accidental pollination with DNL? Was wonkanobe one of those guys? How does he fit in to all this?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I also understand now that there can be many "ECSD" depending on who grew out some of those seeds and that them being hermi explains why there aren't any male ECSD plants.

I need another hit. LOL!

C

CAPO

Calling Chemdog....quick throw up DogSignal...lol....your a trip Tobor...wish we could burn one over the net.

90's WEED!!!!!!:passingjoint:

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Plenty of time has passed that chemdog could have posted and explained all this already. LOL!

To make it easier to understand the story involves Chemdog, Chemdog, Chem 1, Chemdog's Sister, Chemdog D, Diesel, Sour Diesel, East Coast Sour Diesel, New York City Diesel, Sour Diesel ibl and 2 fucking Joes. WTF??? $%$#$ God Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!

G

grenbone

LOL, This thread is great. Big ups old school east coast weed! :passingjoint:

Mud Man

Mud Man

Plenty of time has passed that chemdog could have posted and explained all this already. LOL!

To make it easier to understand the story involves Chemdog, Chemdog, Chem 1, Chemdog's Sister, Chemdog D, Diesel, Sour Diesel, East Coast Sour Diesel, New York City Diesel, Sour Diesel ibl and 2 fucking Joes. WTF??? $%$#$ God Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!

exactly ToBor.. :help:

Remember the UnderDawgs always win :) :sun

Latest posts

Top Bottom