Ak-49 auto (vision seeds)

• Thread starter Mr.sativa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.sativa

Mr.sativa

Has anyone ever grown this strain? Need some pointers first time auto grow, in 10gall. Smart pot ocean forest soil w added dry nutes, perlite, worm castings. breeders info is very vague soany input is much appreciated

S

Seraphim19

I haven't grown that strain but I can give you a few pointers for a successful auto grow.

1. when you fill your pot with soil, make a hole in the centre about the size of a large beer can and fill it with seedling soil. The reason for this is autos are more sensitive to nutrients so if they have this seedling soil to start growing in before they hit the nutrient rich soil they shouldn't have any problems early on.

2. Use grow nutrients until you see the vertical growth slow/stop, then switch to bloom nutrients.

3. Start your nutrients at half the normal dose and raise it slowly to avoid over fertilisation

4. Pay no attention to what the seed company says about time from seed to harvest. They all lie (except me). work on the assumption that it will take 10 weeks from the day it breaks ground, and you wont go far wrong

5. Make sure you give them enough light hours, 18/6 or 20/4 are the most popular lighting schedules for autos. personally I use 20/4

I hope those pointers help and if I can help you any further just drop me a line and I will see what I can do

Mr.sativa

Mr.sativa

Thanks a lot bruda ! You definetly sound like the man w the plan when it comes to autos I've read a lot of your threads and you are the one w the most knowledge Barr none!! So grateful for the help. So lets get down to the bizz.... The ak -49 is from vision seeds just a freebie w some others from my last order I started it 27 days ago in a 10 gal. Smart pot w fox f. Ocean Forrest added perlite,worm castings,and dry organicare pure on bottom layer and a lil mixed in throughout. Growth was slow to start but now she is almost 10" under a 400watt blue eye halide, and looking very strong and healthy.So my first question is can I lst her ,pinch, or just let her go,the breeders info is very vague on this matter. #2 I plan on using no liquid nutes just teas(tlo style) and adding a layer of pure bloom when she stops growing up and flower sets in will this be sufficient enough for nutrients she seems to be not lacking anything at the moment but this is my first attempt at an auto so don't want to waste time or space. Any input would be greatly appreciated will definetly post a grow journey when my new phone comes in cant seem to post any pics .

S

Seraphim19

Sounds like you are of to a good start mate I cant wait to see some pictures!

I have done a bit of homework for you(with the help of a few friends) and I have got a bit more information for you, but lets get to your questions first.
Q1.can I lst her ,pinch, or just let her go,the breeders info is very vague on this matter

A1. I would recommend lst if you wanted to do anything to her, topping isn't recommended for autos, although some of them react very well to it most don't.

Q2.I plan on using no liquid nutes just teas(tlo style) and adding a layer of pure bloom when she stops growing up and flower sets in will this be sufficient enough for nutrients she seems to be not lacking anything at the moment but this is my first attempt at an auto so don't want to waste time or space

A2. your plan is a good one, I know a lot of people who use your method with great results. so don't worry

Now here is a bit more info on Vision seeds AK 49 from an private grower so there is no bias in the info. This was only the second auto grow for guy that grew them so you should see similar results.

From germinating 10 feminised seeds there were three pheno types present
1. 4 were short, best smell and production
2. 3 were tall Sativa infuence (best to me)!
3. 3 were medium sized

The yield on them was 35g dry for the smallest of the plants, so you should be aiming for that at least.

The report on the quality of the bud was:
Super stinky, so a good carbon filter is a must.
Nice, strong buzz. the sativa influenced ones were more of a cerebral buzz, excellent daytime smoke. the medium and short ones were more of a couchlock buzz, more of a night time smoke when you haven't got lots to do.

It took him 3 full months from seed to harvest, so now you have a real life time schedule to look at and plan your grow against.

And of course you need some pictures, so here you go mate
 DSC0054
 DSC0055
 DSC0064

Mr.sativa

Mr.sativa

Wow thanks a lot seraphim! I really appreciate the info now I definitely have an idea on what to do and expect. She's pretty short w wide indica looking fans and short nodes so far, I was hoping for a sativa pheno for sure but ill still love her no matter what she is!! I am a sativa fiend tho but anywho thanks a million man so I guess ill be looking for your new seed venture soon ....... 4/20 right? Send me a link I would definitely like to try out some of your genetics I think I like this auto growing so far just would like some monster yielders that do well outdoors in very high heat /high humidity so let me know what u have to offer and I will follow... ASAP!!!.. Again thank u for your time and wisdom my new mentor Jk lol!! Hope to hear from u soon waiting on phone to post some pics. Respect ( overgrow the gov.)

Mr.sativa

Mr.sativa

Oh yeah do the Ak's produce a lot of resin, couldn't really tell from pics thanks anywhoo! Peace!

S

Seraphim19

Oh yeah do the Ak's produce a lot of resin, couldn't really tell from pics thanks anywhoo! Peace!
All the auto ak's I have grown have has good resin production but I will have to look into what vision seeds version is like for you. Give me a couple of days and I will be able to give you some accurate answers

Mr.sativa

Mr.sativa

Sweet! Thanks a mill send me a link for your beans when u get a chance peace!

S

shivyd2010

Hi guys i am a new grower with very little experience... growing my second auto the ak49 i have a built in cupboard set up. With 2 cfl bulbs 1 duel spec 200 watt 6x9 inch bulb with reflector and a 1 125 watt cfl bulb.
plant is in a 20 l pot and gets watered once a week. I have a mix of soils bio mix and another type am unsure about.
Plant is 5 weeks old from seedling! Just started feeding it biogrow once a week. And its currently 22inches tall.
Can any 1 just let me kno if i am going in right direction... or if i am in need of anythin thanks :-)

20140917 224957
20140917 224946
20140917 224928
R

rockybuds79

Hi guys i am a new grower with very little experience... growing my second auto the ak49 i have a built in cupboard set up. With 2 cfl bulbs 1 duel spec 200 watt 6x9 inch bulb with reflector and a 1 125 watt cfl bulb.
plant is in a 20 l pot and gets watered once a week. I have a mix of soils bio mix and another type am unsure about.
Plant is 5 weeks old from seedling! Just started feeding it biogrow once a week. And its currently 22inches tall.
Can any 1 just let me kno if i am going in right direction... or if i am in need of anythin thanks :)
Did u get great results out if this auto flower just ordered same strain was it worthwhile I'm a beginner never planted one b4 but I'm fixn to give it a shot

S

shivyd2010

hi mine was only a mini grow.. so only had the 1 plant on the grow... but i think i have a good turn out for my first go... i got just over an ounce from the plant. which was mainly from the main cola! it was huge. it produces alot of tiny bits tho u cant really do much with lol... good luck keep us posted with pics etc....

Top Bottom