ak how to prune branches and the top

• Thread starter money is green
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

money is green

halo i am growing AK and nirvana recommends u prune the branches i have been reading on the net but still dnt understand 100% so my ? are wear do you start pruning from they recommend leaving six branches but witch branches do i leave the top or bottom and Wat do they mean by pruning the top dose this mean chop off the head of the plant thanks for any info i am 2 weeks in to veg and I'm going to veg for 1 more week also wen do the plant stop making branches or nodes is it wen you switch to flower

W

WillytheWeed

Hi,

The only reason I can see for pruning the top is if you do not have alot of headroom in the growroom, toping as it is otherwise called, this enables the plant to spread out more sideways.

When in flower and not the first few weeks but once the plant has shown its sex, you can trim off some of the bottom leaves as they are not needed.
I normally trim off the bottom 2-3 layers. once the plants have shown their sex 2-3 weeks later start trimming leaves of the bottom.

Hope that helps.

WtW

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

They are calling for you to "top" your plants. For 6 branches cut off your top shoot down to the node and trim off all but 4 branches below. By the time the top 2 new shoots start to grow upward, the 4 shoots below will have caught up resulting in an even canopy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom