AK47 Keeper in flower need cuts

• Thread starter shadrack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shadrack

hi guys - well here goes - i have got a ak47 keeper that is twelve days into flower - i took a cut of b4 into flowering (had moisture issues, dead). i have read that you can take cuts in early flowering - my problem is that i hear you have to give them 24hr light - but i have 3 x 9day old seedlings in there that are already on 18/6 photoperiod - will it effect the seedlings putting them on 24hr light - and then putting them back on 18/6 when the cuts take/root.

any help welcomed

W

webeblzr

I'ver taken cutting as far as 3-4 weeks in to flower. They will just stand there for a while, then all of a sudden they will throw a few random leaves , then just start to grow out.

Where I do give my cuts light, I also cover the dome with weed blocker cloth. The dimmer light seems to help force roots.

The only time, I;ve seen plants have issues with light manipulation is after the 12/12 or flower has been started.

Going for 18/6 to 20/4 to 24/0, will not effect them at all.

R

redroot

hi you cool. by adding more light wont effect anything in your garden.just make them drink more.and also ive had to take clones from week 6/7 in flower with a full bud on. and they root fine.just have too reveg a little bit.but you should be good to go

G

Grass Roots

cloning can really be done at anytime...they may take a wee bit longer to root, but they will root if given the proper conditions...also something to think about, revegging the AK...if the clones fail this may be an option for ya...leave a few lower buds on the plant and place back into the veg room and in a month or so there will be plenty of clones to take off the little lady...

Peace
GR:character0025:

D

danko

i took clones of a 6week beauty of Ak last year. it rooted fine but it never stopped growing freaky 3 leave mutants. i tried budding some clones of it and it was disasterous! fyi some AKs dont like to be cloned late...the bud i cut from was fatty too! true shame the pheno got smoked up!

S

shadrack

thanks guys - took them now, took 3 - see how they go fingers crossed

R

Rolln J

thanks guys - took them now, took 3 - see how they go fingers crossed

good luck - I agree with all the other posters - it will prolly take longer to root - so be patient and going from 18-24 is not an issue.

there is a product called vita grow anti-wilt, its a dip - if you use that you can throw away the domes!

S

smoke1sun

You can clone anytime during flower, but they take forever to root, i mean forever. But You could take a couple clones, and as a back up reveg the flowering plant after you harvest also, better your chances of saving her.

Also changing the lighting period on your seedling shouldnt hurt much as long as you dont flip to 12/12. But this is with "old fashion" and "cheap" genes. Im not to into the Kush and diesal hybrids. These "quilaty" expensive genes can herm at the drop of a dime. Some say.

R

Rolln J

great point smoke1 - if your cuts fail to root you could always rejuve the plant and have another shot!

conasur

conasur

The clones will def. root as long as the enviroment is good..... but they will do nothing for a while, really is strain dependant.
conasur

Quagmire

Quagmire

I do this regularly as my room is very limited. So, I wait until the plant show's sex and stretches a bit to get cuttings long enough to be sure one node is under the soil.

This time however, I waited until the plant was 3wks or more into flower.. like yourself, her first few cuttings died and I really wanted to save her, so I took 10 more. If the flowering heads are a bit heavy, I trim them down as far as possible, plus it helps it revert back to veg growing.

Obviously it is not the ideal way to do things, some say you should wait for a plant to develop at least 2mos. But, I've had great luck doing this for a few years now and I flip my plants into flowering at day 10.. Yup, I try to defy all the odds I guess..:cool0041:

Here is my Agent Orange babies I took just 3 days ago from the plant well into flowering.

I believe this is where a true F1 comes into play. They seem to show much more vigor in their growth with fewer health issues and less variance. F2's seem to take a bit longer to root.
Agent Orange  146

The 2 like this are going to a hydro buddy who needs some better meds.
Agent Orange  142

Agent Orange  145

S

shadrack

thanks guys - they are in the dome - have been for 5 days now - see how they go and take it from there

THECALI.KID

THECALI.KID

if u want u can take that budding plant when its done and cut top buds off leaving the lower ones on it put it under 24 hr light after 2 to 3 weeks she will have fresh growing veg. popping out of the lil buds i had to re veg. budded plants all the time i find at the end i have a keeper so i go through that process happy grow to all the farmers on the bay

S

shadrack

Thanks Cali - i will keep this in mind if the cuts dont take

H

hempluvr

I have taken clones as far as 6 weeks into flowering. They just take longer to root. It does take awhile to reverse the powerful flowering hormones. Keep medium and plant moist under the humidome and give a couple quick air exchanges per day you will be good

Top Bottom