Ak47?

• Thread starter Chris1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Chris1

Hey guys. I was looking for a new strain to run and I was thinking of AK. Im not from a state with dispensaries where I have crazy amounts of buds to choose from. So even though this is an classic strain, would you guys recommend it? I'm looking for yield and bag appeal

B

bobman

I am just finishing my 3rd pack of serious ak47. Hard to say if I would recommend it or not. Partially because there is so much out there I want try and partially because of the results from the 1st pack. This pack will really tell the story. If you have a week before you make a choice they are drying now i will know in a week. The first pack I had I grew in soil and they got root bound and everything auto-flowered on me and nothing was workable. Also there was a huge variation between phenotypes. The second pack of 5 seeds from single seed centre had 2 good females that have gotten better each generation. They yield well, look nice and frosty but there is an issue with the smell. They are fussy dryers and hate plastic baggies. The smell has to be carefully maintained or it gets very faint.

I talked with Simon about my results and he said he is having doubts what I received was actually serious seeds. So through back channels and friends I was able to secure seeds directly from the source. Now if I was recommending off of this pack I would say go for it. 8 females just enough variation to make things interesting. A few quick finishers. Heavy yield. Now it just comes down to potency and smell. So far it smells better cut down then when it was growing and that is a good sign.

So I guess I am not sure if my earlier results were from grower error(I am tough on seedlings) weather 2009 was a bad year for ak47 seeds or if I even got the real deal. will know more in 5-6 days.

Top Bottom