AK48 Auto Hermies

• Thread starter Baldio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Baldio

Hi all, I have a small grow of 8 plants going, 5 Autos & 3 Fems. 2 of the Auto AK48 plants went hermie on me. I have had them under T5's 24hrs a day and indoors. They are 23 days old today. This is my 1st experience with this issue and as far as I know I need to yank them up & dump them unless someone has a better idea? This is only around my 5th grow and the 2nd time I have grown Auto's so I am nowhere near ready to start chunkin pollen around...lol. Is this just the nature of the beast or could I have done something to cause them to hermie? If I understand correctly Autos are not sensitive to changes in light...BTW there were not any changes anyway. I am gonna upload a few pics for you to check out. Have a great day folks!

Ak48 auto hermies
Ak48 auto hermies 2
Ak48 auto hermies 3
Ak48 auto hermies 4
ncga

ncga

Everything needs to sleep

I think you will have "LESS" problems if you have some type of night cycle. IMHO

nc

jagle

jagle

indeed a night cycle would be what id use, not 18/6 maybe 20/4 thats what i plan on doing when i run autos

B

Baldio

I think you will have "LESS" problems if you have some type of night cycle. IMHO

nc

indeed a night cycle would be what id use, not 18/6 maybe 20/4 thats what i plan on doing when i run autos

I agree, My 1st run with autos I ran 20\4 & did not have any issues with gender. I have read that you can run 24 on but it does seem like at least a little down time would be beneficial. Do either of you feel like there would be an issue with reverting to a 20\4 cycle for the remaining plants?

B

Baldio

those look like males not hermies!

Well, now that you mentioned that, I was thinking that very thing as well MTM but the seeds i purchased were supposed to be Auto Fems. I know the process of feminizing is not foolproof so maybe they are just males. I could have sworn I saw the 2 little white hairs that females have on at least one of them. The angle of the pics do not show that though. I should have made it a point to have that in the pics since I was so quick to label them "Hermies". I do not wish to contribute to the issue of people using these terms so loosely. I will look again tomorrow before I toss them. If for no other reason than to be thorough. Thanks for taking the time to look into my Post!

B

Badmf

Your pix are males, herms show female as developed as male parts and those don't. Since you already have em, move em and collect the pollen. This way you get something from it. you can keep the pollen in a film container with desicate for a couple months, place in the fridge. I'd pollinate a couple buds on the bottom of the plants you have and harvest the buds when ready then waity for the seeds to mature. Who knows you could have a great x the next much sought after strain!

B

Baldio

Your pix are males, herms show female as developed as male parts and those don't. Since you already have em, move em and collect the pollen. This way you get something from it. you can keep the pollen in a film container with desicate for a couple months, place in the fridge. I'd pollinate a couple buds on the bottom of the plants you have and harvest the buds when ready then waity for the seeds to mature. Who knows you could have a great x the next much sought after strain!

Unfortunately I have already disposed of them. I did look them over very well for any female attributes before yanking them and much to my chagrin there were none. I feel silly for assuming they were herms just because they were feminized seeds. I should have looked closer before I created this thread. Lesson learned on this one! I have some reg seeds that I plan on keeping a nice male out of ( if it's a really nice one) and trying my hand at breeding. I want to get a good bit of experience under my belt before I attempt that. However, I absolutely LOVE growing and Breeding is my ultimate goal. Thanks for the suggestion Badmf!

B

Badmf

Oh and how about getting a refund or replacement from the "bad" seed batch? Check out "Marijuana Botany" RC Clarke and Good Growin! Peace Bad...

B

Baldio

Oh and how about getting a refund or replacement from the "bad" seed batch? Check out "Marijuana Botany" RC Clarke and Good Growin! Peace Bad...

I will send an email along with the pics to the seed bank I purchased from. I don't know if they will make good on it but I would like to think they will. Thanks for the info on the reading material as well. I'm always up for a good read!

Latest posts

Top Bottom