• Tagged users None
Cali smoke

Cali smoke

Alameda Sheriff's deputies find 22,000 pot plants on government property

Sean Maher
Oakland Tribune
Posted: 06/15/2009 05:56:08 AM PDT
Updated: 06/15/2009 08:04:16 AM PDT

SUNOL — Sheriff's deputies discovered more than 22,000 marijuana plants growing on land owned by the San Francisco Water District last week, in what officials called the largest marijuana bust in the history of the Alameda County Sheriff's Office.

In the Calaveras Road area east of Sunol, where water runoff feeds into the Calaveras Reservoir, deputies found 24 interlinked gardens, three camp sites and three kitchens, Sgt. Shawn Peterson said.

A pair of nearby creeks had been tapped with water lines to feed into the gardens, he added.

Deputies also discovered two men who appeared to be in their late 20s wearing woodland camouflage clothing and working in the gardens, Peterson said.

The two men fled and deputies chased. Both men escaped through heavy brush and deep ravines, but the deputies recovered a semiautomatic handgun one of the men discarded as he ran.

The department had been alerted two weeks earlier by a witness who reported seeing a teenage boy running in camouflage clothing up a creek bed nearby. The resulting investigation turned up the gardens.

The total amount of the drugs seized was impressive, according to Peterson.

"This is the largest-ever marijuana growing operation the Alameda County Sheriff's Office has encountered," he said.

Marijuana remains the most widely available and abused illicit substance in California, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration's Web site. Although huge demand for marijuana has traditionally been for smuggled crops from Mexico and Canada, in recent years plants grown in the state have become a larger part of the market, the DEA said.

Anyone with information on the gardens is asked to call Peterson at 510-667-3633.

I_Against_I

I_Against_I

I wonder how many people it takes to run gardens of that size. 24 interlinked gardens sounds impressive.

M

Mr.PurplePumpkn

How much of my taxes dollars paid for the amount of man hours and sheriffs to be out there all day tearing down pot plants, burning them, and bagging some as "evidence"

Dont you have better things to do like investigate all the F* herion and coke being flooded into the black communities by white americans and mexicans, kidnappers, and all the f* rapists who deserve to be piked like a freaking garden candles

makes me sick

Lets decriminalize and move on, or does the CIA, DEA, private prisons, and Govt at large have something greater to lose with legality...

The cow goes.....moooo

B

boxmunch9

dude, 22,000 plants? how is that good for anyone? on private land? Handgun? I side with the DEA on this one. even if it were legal i wouldnt want someone to be able to grow that much where ever they please. Its not a free for all out here. use your own land to grow your own bud. the DEA does all those thing you mention above, they must have "made" time to bust a 5million dollar grow on government land too

T

the Rock

how far was this from the 680? how many years did they pull this off for? WOW

C

cornelius808

I have to ask but, how does a 22,000 plant farm does not get found by helicopters or anyone else?

F

Fear

Whats that telephone number I need to make some calls Hahaha. I'm kidding! 22,000 plants damn man, teenagers runnin around like idiots in camo.

B

boxmunch9

haha yea it funny they got caught because someone saw a kid running in a river, in camo, haha that spark a DEA investigation

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
purplepmukin so blacks are the only race in usa that use drugs

S

SkyHi

yes they are!! there the devil!!!!! ^^^^ lol, i dont think that what he ment man.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
purplepmukin so blacks are the only race in usa that use drugs

:giggle Why would you ask a retarded question like that there pimpen :party0022:

:passingjoint:

F

Fear

Yea where you been danny? They said two guys got away! And you haven't been posting much lately. I know you like wearing that camo.

T

tophmaster

gtd no wonder u said u were out of babies last month u had 22 thouwow up 680 runnin little teenagers in camo haha damn this is nuts though

T

tophmaster

i mean think it was u dudes thumb was green and it smelled of chems

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
:giggle:giggle That is funny :passingjoint:
Yeah it was biggest order of I have ever had to fill. My:giggle comical makeshift clonning room was at full max capacity for a while..My mother plants looked like they got raped by the NY Knicks after that one:giggle I am stocked up Willie again:)

I wonder if that teenager is in some trouble by the boss man

:passingjoint: SkiHi

Top Bottom