Alberta newbie.

• Thread starter Jayel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jayel

I live in Alberta and am new to cultivation. I have 3 Indica girls that I have in pots outside. I have been covering them at night for
around 12 hrs. to force flowering.
Everything is budding beautifully after about 2 weeks of covering. I have not been very precise about the timing of the darkness but have been trying to get at LEAST 12 hrs. I have a problem now though, in that I have to be away for a few days. We are now getting 11hrs of natural dark. Will I set things back very much if I just leave them out while I'm gone?
Thanks in advance, this forum has helped a lot.
Lyle

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Do you know of any other growers in your area that have their plants budding already? I couldn’t see it being that big of a deal since they are already well into flowering and it’s just about that time of year when flowering happens naturally.

I assume since they are outdoors they are too big to bring in under a light. So unless you have someone able to light deprive them then I think you’re stuck with only one option.

J

Jayel

Thanks MooseFarts, they are small enough to bring inside but after about an hour, my wife said no to the smell. Also I misspoke I think. These girls aren't budding but blooming. Some discolouring on the leaves too.

WP 20190909 10 08 50 Pro
WP 20190909 10 09 04 Pro
WP 20190909 10 09 15 Pro
WP 20190909 10 09 25 Pro
T

Tusks

Hey Jayel, I'm also a Alberta newbie. I've got my first grow, outdoors like yours, but in raised beds. In your research did you find force flowering a must for our climate? My girls are just entering the flowering stage and I'm pretty sure I'll have to put some sort of greenhouse around them for protection.

J

Jayel

From what I have read, our days are way too long in Alberta unless you are growing auto flowering. I cover mine at night with an old dishwasher box but I have not been real strict about the timing. Not too concerned, if I get anything off of these I will be happy. I will though, be going with auto flowers next year.

Top Bottom