Alcohol/hash ratio

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

I mixed one liter of raicilla (110 proof) with about 40 g of hash. My thinking a shot is worth around a gram of hash. It has been over a month, and I am starting to believe I put twice as much as the alcohol as absorb. Anyone have experience in this process. Suerte JK

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not with any alcohol you drink, I've only done it with rubbing alcohol. And one time I tried to speed up the process by putting it over fire. WHAT A MISTAKE! I'll never do that again.

Are you saying that the hash isn't dissolving as it should? And if so, perhaps agitation would be helpful here. Otherwise, it very well may be that the raicilla has become supersaturated and cannot dissolve any more.

germinator

germinator

For tincture I can assume.
Hopefully you have been shaken the goods everyday. Now it's time to filter it and test........congrats
Based on your info. You may need to go teaspoon at a time to find your dosage.
If no buzz ....if your inclined you can recharge the tincture with more materials and its not a total bust.

germinator

germinator

So is his product.............33.81 ounces..............
40. Grams....or....1.42 oz
So you need to add approx. 1.90 oz to get to 10:1....

Ty gw as always you rock

J

Jalisco Kid

I shake it everyother day or so. Shame I do not have a paint mixer.I would say I still have about a finger of fluffy powder/silt still one the bottom.
I am planning on it helping me thru the summer nights coming in Aug and Sept. Being from San Diego mostly, the idea of 88* and 85% rh days here sounds deadly. I am already looking for some property to escape to when there is no surf up. 70 miles from here the Mts valleys are at 6300' and much cheaper then here.
I will just keep shakin,whats left I will add to the next bottle. I will be drinking it,way to good for rubbing.We make an oil for that here. It will have to be some organic tequila as I got reamed for using a high quality raicilla.Good raicilla is hard to find and harder to buy. Thank you JK

J

Jalisco Kid

Well we tried the raicilla last night,it has been close to 2 months now. I figured there was just a little over a gram per oz of raicilla. Looks like about 1/3 -1/2 of the hash vol was still in the bottle. If this is residue from the stalks from the heads i can not tell yet as I did not have a lupe. It made for an interesting flavor, but no extra kick as I would have gotten if I put a gram in a cookie. I would say I know I will try again mainly because there is no shortage of material here. If this was for meds and I needed to go for more bang for my buck I would make butter out of the hash and cook with it.
Smoked the material from the bottle and the raicilla gave it a really nice flavor. It might be good for my compadre as he coughs up a lung smoking my bubble. Seems to have lost 1/2 its potency.JK

vaporedout

vaporedout

i made vodka once with all stems and shake, i let it sit in the freezer and shook it every other day. after a while (3 months) i tried a shot. the taste was disgusting but i did get a very different high. i dont drink really so i couldnt tell if it was an alcohol buzz or weed. i also got some everclear/weed mix that i was gifted from an old farmer, he told me to just evaporate it and ill have some hash, or you can drink it. i decided to take a shot and it made me sick, probably to high alcohol content for me :)

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Just remeber only the essential oils trapped within the wax trichome will dissolve into the alchol, the wax trichome itself will stay in it's regular form, just missing the essential oils kept within....take it easy

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Jalisco, you'll need to activate the thca in the hash and convert it into THC. I do this with everclear and a double boiler with ice on top (Google "refluxing"). I use enough booze to cover the material and about a half inch over, and reflux for about an hour.
A half shot will change your schedule. :-)

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Don't use expensive, tasty liquor if you put plant material in it; it'll taste like alfalfa hair spray...lol.
If you want good flavor, use dry sift or bubble, like you mentioned in the first post.
Double boiler; keep water in bottom pan at 176-180F. Consumable alcohol boils at 173F.
Jalisco, PM me if you want a detailed description of my process. I was a bartender for 14 years; had a lot of time and materials to play with over the years.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

af has the right idea, you need to decarb your hash for edibles to get much effect out of it

if it were me doing it ghetto style? i would wrap the hash in alum foil and bake for a hour at 200-220f in the oven to decarb it then desolve into the tequila
the hash will leave residue that can easily be filtered with a coffee filter

the reason your cookies have a kick is because baking them raises the temp enough to decarb the hash/butter/etc into thc

fwiw

J

Jalisco Kid

Well this weekend we are doing a couple more runs of different herbs I was given. I am building some screens now to make the work more manageable.Working with bags and my back is a joke now. I now pump up the water to some troughs I make using different screen mesh,that flow into each other so all I have to do is collect my work with a plastic card. I thank you guys for your advice.JK

Top Bottom