Alcohol Oil Process

• Thread starter Backwards
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

progeny-prodigy

oh dam ur personally involved in all that patent troll stuff arent u. i saw a video the other day of the mr extractor guy saying he owns all bho systems cause of his overbroad patents and its such a stupid claim it just made me laugh but i guess if ur in the middle of it its not funny. i just run a mom and pop co2 extraction company(yes we do exist) that way i can just avoid all the hydrocarbon drama but im glad someones out there fighting the good fight

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Winterizing to remove chlorophyll, solids and lipids gives a smoother vape.

I simply wouldn't extract without winterizing. But thats me.

Im going to have to do some reading on new processes.
When i was young, we just soaked the plant material until we got around to it, which was usually sometime in the winter when the buds ran low.
This year i tried some quick washes, and was amazed at the quality and taste, and the lighter colour then i'm used to.
I've never used the freezer like two bears suggested.
Luckily I still have a full gallon can completely jammed full of just ground bud, I will definitely follow a more in depth process with this cook and I'll keep you posted.
I likely be looking to get some more info before I get started.

Thanks guys

Graywolf

Graywolf

oh dam ur personally involved in all that patent troll stuff arent u. i saw a video the other day of the mr extractor guy saying he owns all bho systems cause of his overbroad patents and its such a stupid claim it just made me laugh but i guess if ur in the middle of it its not funny. i just run a mom and pop co2 extraction company(yes we do exist) that way i can just avoid all the hydrocarbon drama but im glad someones out there fighting the good fight

Information on the extraction patent wars at https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=347763 and
Article at: http://thealchemistresource.thealchemistresource.com/p/normal-0-false-false-false_33.html

gringomike

gringomike

Sorry, the blog is currently closed due to pending legal action. What kind of oil do you covet?
I was just wanting to try and make some oil that can be smoked in a vape pen. I think I know the basics... Freeze the herb/trim, quick 80 to 90 seconds of mix with alcohol, then double boil correct? But I'm not sure how much alcohol to use per gram of flower and how much on average it should produce. 99% alcohol is fairly expensive where I'm at located at around $20 per quart, so I'm not sure if would be even worth my time. Thanks in advance for any info

Graywolf

Graywolf

I was just wanting to try and make some oil that can be smoked in a vape pen. I think I know the basics... Freeze the herb/trim, quick 80 to 90 seconds of mix with alcohol, then double boil correct? But I'm not sure how much alcohol to use per gram of flower and how much on average it should produce. 99% alcohol is fairly expensive where I'm at located at around $20 per quart, so I'm not sure if would be even worth my time. Thanks in advance for any info

I fill the jar about 3/4 full of flowers loosely packed, and add enough subzero ethanol to cover the plant material about an inch.

You can recover most of the alcohol with a still, an ISO-3, or a Extract Craft Turbo. I made my first home made still, but a boiling flask and condenser are relatively inexpensive.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Thanks for the good thoughts! Things are still on the way to working out and embroiled in legal action.
That idiot is still gonna do it huh? Maybe hell crash his bentley into a tree(and die) and moms insurance will go through the roof

Top Bottom