Alfalfa Hay Indoors

• Thread starter bellumromanum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Thinking about switching my Earthbox plastic mulch covers for some alfalfa hay. BUT - when I think about all the times I've seen people here telling other people NOT to move their plants inside and outside (because, pests) it makes me wonder if putting alfalfa hay in my tent isn't basically the same thing as exposure to outside? At leaste in terms of potential contamination?

I'm new here tho and stupid dabbed up so if this is dumb go easy on me 🙃

Anthem

Anthem

Thinking about switching my Earthbox plastic mulch covers for some alfalfa hay. BUT - when I think about all the times I've seen people here telling other people NOT to move their plants inside and outside (because, pests) it makes me wonder if putting alfalfa hay in my tent isn't basically the same thing as exposure to outside? At leaste in terms of potential contamination?

Moving plants between light spectrums causes the plant stress, it can and has caused plants to hermie. It is not really a good idea.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Moving plants between light spectrums causes the plant stress, it can and has caused plants to hermie. It is not really a good idea.
Agreed homie, I'm not planning on doing that

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

If the hay is bagged I don’t see an issue. I would assume that is like someone who top dresses with bagged amendments. Theres always a chance pests could tag along. I think a lot has to do with where you source it from and how they take care of their product on the shelf.

*edited
If you purchase a bale(sp?), I think you’d have more of a chance of bringing pests.

Bbog47

Bbog47

I have had no issues moving plants indoors to outdoors even mid flower. Outdoors the spectrum of light changes throughout the day naturally. This won’t stress them as they aren’t picky of the light source unless the light intensity is too intense. Saying a change in spectrum will make them herm is completely false. People think every little thing stresses them 😂👍 I never get herms unless bunk genetics. Just trying to stop misinformation.

Top Bottom