Alfalfa + Kelp Combo

• Thread starter aysian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aysian

Does alfalfa and kelp have everything a cannabis plant needs? I'm looking for an easy mix, just a mix of 1/3 worm castings, 1/3 peat, 1/3 aeration.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hmm... they may have everything a cannabis plant needs, but they also have a lot more that, if given too much of, a cannabis plant doesn't need. Both, if used at too high concentrations or used too often, can really screw things up.

Patanjali

Patanjali

Does alfalfa and kelp have everything a cannabis plant needs? I'm looking for an easy mix, just a mix of 1/3 worm castings, 1/3 peat, 1/3 aeration.
Aysian, this book will describe in detail how kelp meal has everything you need. T.L Senn Ph.D is the utmost authority on Ascophyllum Nodosum (seaweed/kelp). If you order it at Acres USA the cost is $14 vs $40 from amazon:

hth,

P-

A

aysian

I didnt know that you can have too much kelp or alfalfa. Can you tell me what can happen because I've just got a lot from the feed store.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Both materials are relatively high in plant growth hormones/compounds, and these hormones dictate type of growth. So, let's use alfalfa for example. It's great to use a little bit during vegetative phase, but if you use too much during flower you're going to cause more vegetative growth when the plant should be concentrating its energies on building flowers.

Kelps (macroalgaes) have high levels of various plant growth regulators and metabolites as well, and again, if too much is used can cause strange growth and imbalances to occur. The list is long and can become complicated.

What about just using some soil and amend it with alfalfa and kelp? Just a little bit! And if the alfalfa has not been composted then either make it into a tea or compost it or you will encounter even worse and stinkier problems.

Top Bottom