Alfalfa Tea

• Thread starter Guano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
How well do you think something like this would work if included in compost tea.

Great thread and thanks for all the input guys great info

Slap

Em-1 works great!

I have many tea recipes...to many actually. Lately I've been following three of Revs recipes depending on what stage of growth I'm in. I change them a little here and there. Great thread I'm glad I found it last night and even happier it's back alive. I'm anxious to try that month soak alfalfa tea!!! It sounds potent.

jlr42024

jlr42024

Does alfalfa meal cause a delay in ripening if used to late into budding cycle?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IME tea made from hay can cause revegging if it's pushed too strong/hard. So, I think that'd qualify as delaying ripening, no?

J

Just Me

just of note, molasses is critical to any formula, it feeds/activates phosphate bacteria which breaks the bonds of tied up phosphorus. Add this to Calcium as it pulls in all other elements. Check you brix levels. You are chlorophyll mangers, so ensure the big four Calcium, Boron, Phosphorus and Magnesium are maintained at luxury levels in the leaf, the maximum yield and quality can be expected. The soil food web is also essential, especially the mycorrhizal fungus, fungi.com along with the bacteria. Check out Paul Stamets again over at fungi.com, understand that 95% of plant weight comes from photosynthesis and only 5% of plant weight derives from the soil. always use chelators such as humic acid (CEC of 500), but fulvic (CEC 1400) would be the best. This would allow for easier access and if there are any toxins or other in the soil would be chelated and then devoured by bacteria.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Green sand works well as an amendment to your medium. It takes months to reach all of its benefits, so reusing ur medium is the best way to use greensand. Same with biochar I feel

J

Just Me

Soil management is key today. The plant depends on the soil food web and understand that more than 17 minerals are required for adequate cellular nutrition today. Include kelp, fish and humates into your regime. Optimizing soil nutrition is key to mineralized plants.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Y'all know that none of this has anything to do with alfalfa tea, right?
just of note, molasses is critical to any formula, it feeds/activates phosphate bacteria which breaks the bonds of tied up phosphorus. Add this to Calcium as it pulls in all other elements. Check you brix levels. You are chlorophyll mangers, so ensure the big four Calcium, Boron, Phosphorus and Magnesium are maintained at luxury levels in the leaf, the maximum yield and quality can be expected. The soil food web is also essential, especially the mycorrhizal fungus, fungi.com along with the bacteria. Check out Paul Stamets again over at fungi.com, understand that 95% of plant weight comes from photosynthesis and only 5% of plant weight derives from the soil. always use chelators such as humic acid (CEC of 500), but fulvic (CEC 1400) would be the best. This would allow for easier access and if there are any toxins or other in the soil would be chelated and then devoured by bacteria.
Sugars are critical, not molasses specifically. :) But not for making alfalfa tea.

J

Just Me

Sure, the main proponent that you are looking for from Alfalfa tea is Triacontanol and then bonus is all the other great stuff. I had digressed and apologize.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
:) What you posted would be good to be put in some other organic threads, like, say.... tea making, soil recipes, those threads can use the info.

click80

click80

In regards to application points in cannabis life cycle of Alfalfa tea. I have found that it's somewhat strain specific, but a good rule of thumb is to not apply later than one week after flip. I have played around with application early/middle/late flower. I usually stop before stretch however I do have two strains that I have I know I can apply again in week 5 safely. I observed benefits in added bulk, root health, and overall vitality. I would not recommend this without testing first, which I did, on just one plant during a grow and closely monitor the results. I have played around with alfalfa tea tests for about 3 years now and you must be very careful or you can get some weird results with some strains depending on timing. Loose buds, hermies, branch weakening (maybe from plant trying to reveg?), and foxtailing for sure.

click80

click80

By the way there is a thread somewhere around about producing fermented extracts. I never took the time to find it but the recommendation to read it came from someone I consider knowledgeable.

waayne

waayne

In regards to application points in cannabis life cycle of Alfalfa tea. I have found that it's somewhat strain specific, but a good rule of thumb is to not apply later than one week after flip. I have played around with application early/middle/late flower. I usually stop before stretch however I do have two strains that I have I know I can apply again in week 5 safely. I observed benefits in added bulk, root health, and overall vitality. I would not recommend this without testing first, which I did, on just one plant during a grow and closely monitor the results. I have played around with alfalfa tea tests for about 3 years now and you must be very careful or you can get some weird results with some strains depending on timing. Loose buds, hermies, branch weakening (maybe from plant trying to reveg?), and foxtailing for sure.

click you're right on point about it being strain specific as far as the results go....

I run alfalfa tea as late as week 5 on my Bubbas,it seems to encourage them to stack better than without it
I do not use it after week 2 on Sativa dominant strains as it seems to encourage fox tailing.....Here is one of baba's Malila
phenos at week 6, this plant got alfalfa tea until week 4....
IMG 2928

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
click you're right on point about it being strain specific as far as the results go....

I run alfalfa tea as late as week 5 on my Bubbas,it seems to encourage them to stack better than without it
I do not use it after week 2 on Sativa dominant strains as it seems to encourage fox tailing.....Here is one of baba's Malila
phenos at week 6, this plant got alfalfa tea until week 4....
View attachment 382044
Well you just lit a candle in my brain. I just realized why I've stopped using alfalfa teas once my girls go into flowering--I've been doing it with Sat-doms, I don't run many Afghani-doms. Thank you!

waayne

waayne

Well you just lit a candle in my brain. I just realized why I've stopped using alfalfa teas once my girls go into flowering--I've been doing it with Sat-doms, I don't run many Afghani-doms. Thank you!
Seamaiden alfalfa will definitely cause some fox tailing and excessive stretch in flower on Sativa dominants, most Sativa dominant phenos
I've tried it on did not like it in flower at all.....

The Indicas do well on it though
For hybrids,it just seems to really depend on the strain..IME

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You took it further than I did--once I caused the foxtailing I never tried using it on flowering plants again. You've just taught me two things. D'oh!

click80

click80

Seamaiden, I don't know if you recall but it was one of your posts that first got me started on Alfalfa teas (thanks again) and also alerted me to be careful during flowering.

I listened of course, and that is how I discovered application was strain dependent. Yes the two strains I can use it late on are Indica dom. I used it on a Pineapple Express one time and got rubbery branches all the sudden. It was very weird.

Roots love it. During Veg roots just love it. Literal root explosions.

respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
@waayne how long do you brew your alfalfa tea? 24 or 48?

Ceveres

Ceveres

This is a great thread that deserves a bump. I picked up some alfalfa and kelp meals to try out Coot's tea recipe.
1c Alfalfa meal
1/4c Kelp meal
Brew about 18 hours
He claims without exception that every garden he applied this to showed some kind of improvement within 48hrs. Probably try that exact recipe, then tweak it to my liking later on. Been enjoying the KIS Organics podcasts during the work day, check em out https://www.kisorganics.com/pages/podcast

Top Bottom