Alien Blues. Dwc.

• Thread starter Thczmbe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thczmbe

Thczmbe

So i started my adventure Dec.2016.
I decided to start two plants. So i ordered a tent which is about 3x3x6. La Garden.
Also decided to start with a good bunch of beans. So i settled ordering from seedsherenow. Never ordering online i was a bit weirded out, but it came nice and stealthy.
Ok. So to the lights. Yes i know hps lights are prefered. But ive never grown in a tent, and cfls just seem cheap, easy, simple. Ive started with 5x 23 watt. Blubs hanging. Also a 45w Led Red/blue panel. Putting me at about 160w total.
I made a DwC bucket. First time growing in water. Very interresting so far. I have No idea what my ph is. I plan on getting a meter soon. Its winter time my water temp stays at about 65-70f. And my temps in the tent stay at 70-80.
I also have a small fan hanging to move air around. I have not messed with venting. Only about a month in.. Stay tuned!!!
Long time reader.....never posted!!!

Alien blues dwc
Alien blues dwc 2
Alien blues dwc 3
Alien blues dwc 4
Alien blues dwc 5
Alien blues dwc 6
Alien blues dwc 7
Alien blues dwc 8
Alien blues dwc 9
Irietime

Irietime

Did that one plant split by itself?? Alien blues looks like some danky!!!! I'll be checking in, keep us posted

Thczmbe

Thczmbe

No i topped it after 3 nod. I recently moved. N had a freeze here almost lost one. But here are some pix.

Thczmbe

Thczmbe

I'm sure the one that's small will rebound it looks better than a few days ago. I'm also sure if I should clip the dead leaves. Or just let them wilt. There is a strong smell already. And I know that the tips are a tad burnt. My move was last min. And I believe they got nute burn. When I refilled my tank in my new place. Owell, from wat I understand its ok to abuse them a bit.

20170111 180305
20170111 180254
20170111 180300
Last edited:
Irietime

Irietime

I'm sure the one that's small will rebound it looks better than a few days ago. I'm also sure if I should clip the dead leaves. Or just let them wilt. There is a strong smell already. And I know that the tips are a tad burnt. My move was last min. And I believe they got nute burn. When I refilled my tank in my new place. Owell, from wat I understand its ok to abuse them a bit.
They are tough plants, they'll bounce back. I would wait a day or two and see if the leaves bounce back otherwise clip them off

Thczmbe

Thczmbe

No doubt. I switched off 24 hrs of light I figured it could use some rest. Is 18/6 gonna make a difference? I plan going 12/12 at the end of the month. Also should I chill on the nutes, until I'm happy with the recovery or will that matter?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

No doubt. I switched off 24 hrs of light I figured it could use some rest. Is 18/6 gonna make a difference? I plan going 12/12 at the end of the month. Also should I chill on the nutes, until I'm happy with the recovery or will that matter?
U did get a meter right? The pH is gonna flux more rapidly as they get bigger. It's off right now and that's why you got nute burn. Get a meter asap, even a cheapy! You not go on a go far in hydro with no meter. It's a act of God that you made it this far. You have them looking good with a meter. Better doing soon the because your putting a hurting on her right now...

Thczmbe

Thczmbe

Maybe a act of god. But I'm sure the ph is different because I moved to a new city. And it was last min. Refilling the tank with city water I expected a small shock. N honestly i understand ph meters are useful, I'm having problems finding one. Maybe going to the wrong places. So I'm doing with out.
I'm have some soil in my pot and feed very lightly. I have coco first. A lil fish gravel. A layer of soil. And a layer of vermiculite. I feed with a bottle I keep pre mix with nutes. I make up by the gallon and pour at the top.
I thought the layer of soil would provide a small saftey net. If things get to bad. Ill cut clone and move back to dirt and drop the bubbles all together.

Received 382162228805272
Last edited:
Thczmbe

Thczmbe

A lot of new growth. Seems I got my pH back in the right levels. Waiting on meter to come all the new growth seems unburnt. I have them at 18/6 light . Here are some pics.

KIMG0001
KIMG0002
KIMG0003
KIMG0004
1484423631370 412549386
Thczmbe

Thczmbe

Small update. Decided to go ahead and switch 12/12 light. No signs of sex yet. Going on day 4.
I took some pics of the stuff I got in the pot. Also a layer of Coco n gravel .
Still waiting on my meter in the mail. No new signs of nute burn have shown up. Just the leaves that already got messed up. So I'm hopeful.
I'm thinking bout adding two more bulbs, I haven't had to worries about temps.

KIMG0007
KIMG0008
KIMG0009
KIMG0010
KIMG0011
KIMG0012
KIMG0013
Last edited:
Top Bottom