Alien G-13 Strain or wrong seed?

• Thread starter Kanashiihawk63
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kanashiihawk63

Kanashiihawk63

Supporter
Hello fellow growers and farmers:
Anyone see this before? Any thoughts? INDOOR grow of "G-13" from (HCC) Homegrown Cannabis Co. At first all went well with this. NORMAL germination, normal veg cycle. She is growing side by side with an LA Confidential as well. (LA confidential looks perfectly normal). As soon as I switched the tent over to FLOWER, the g-13 had ALL flowering nodes turn pitch black and stretch like some behemoth frankenstein! (she had to be moved out of two other homes because she was already too tall!) so this "G-13" has a for SURE "sativa stretch" bit look at her fan leaves? Now look at her sugar/bloom leaves. This is not my first rodeo (i'm the 58 yr old granny gardener). But I have never honestly seen pistle/calyx AND colas all start out really dark.) Other grow information.
grown in soil (5 gallon pots) with added nutes. TS2000 spiderfarmer light. Day temps are 71 night temps are 68. What do you think this is? a weird phenotype? a WRONG seed from HCC?

Alien g 13 strain or wrong seed
Alien g 13 strain or wrong seed 2
Alien g 13 strain or wrong seed 3
Alien g 13 strain or wrong seed 4
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Personally I've never seen G13 turn purple unless exposed to much lower temperatures than you said. I'd say highly likely it's a mix-up seed. Happens sometimes. Could be for any number of reasons. Maybe this particular seed was created by accidental cross-pollination or somebody dropped a few in the mix during packaging, who knows. She looks pretty, though!

Bullybeans420

Bullybeans420

T
Hello fellow growers and farmers:
Anyone see this before? Any thoughts? INDOOR grow of "G-13" from (HCC) Homegrown Cannabis Co. At first all went well with this. NORMAL germination, normal veg cycle. She is growing side by side with an LA Confidential as well. (LA confidential looks perfectly normal). As soon as I switched the tent over to FLOWER, the g-13 had ALL flowering nodes turn pitch black and stretch like some behemoth frankenstein! (she had to be moved out of two other homes because she was already too tall!) so this "G-13" has a for SURE "sativa stretch" bit look at her fan leaves? Now look at her sugar/bloom leaves. This is not my first rodeo (i'm the 58 yr old granny gardener). But I have never honestly seen pistle/calyx AND colas all start out really dark.) Other grow information.
grown in soil (5 gallon pots) with added nutes. TS2000 spiderfarmer light. Day temps are 71 night temps are 68. What do you think this is? a weird phenotype? a WRONG seed from HCC?
Thats normal for a purple strain i have pink lady and pink kush and it does the same but it was just certain phenos not all turned purple some stood lime green others pinks and purples you might enjoy it when its said and done it looks great

Medicalpatient303

Medicalpatient303

Personally I've never seen G13 turn purple unless exposed to much lower temperatures than you said. I'd say highly likely it's a mix-up seed. Happens sometimes. Could be for any number of reasons. Maybe this particular seed was created by accidental cross-pollination or somebody dropped a few in the mix during packaging, who knows. She looks pretty, though!
I have seen a purple g13 before here in colo

Kanashiihawk63

Kanashiihawk63

Supporter
I've had afew others from here tell me that indeed HCC (Homegrown Cannabis Co) does have a rare "dark purple phenotype"...But it is that- pretty rare. UNless there exists in the cannabis world a true "DNA Genetics kit" (Like they have for dogs) then really... It's ANYONE guess at this point. But honestly..She sure is a gorgeous plant- whatever she is!!! The more "normal" smaller plant is a HCC "Kabul Confidential" (Indica Dom) both plants are roughly at the same flowering stage of week 7.

20220420 082228
20220420 082341
Top Bottom