Alien rdwc system major advise

• Thread starter Drakeyd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Drakeyd

Anyone taking the plunge and trying to grow in the fancy bit of kit but constantly hitting problems with slime on the roots and slow growth symptoms of root rote etc even after trying what seems like everything from perfect water temperatures, ph on point nutrition perfect to adding hydrogen and pythium off etc and still hitting problems I even ran a system with completely distilled water and still hit problems. Trust me I’ve been there so frustrating and I solved this problem with my last ditched attempt before giving up on hydroponics with a very simple addition. A uv pond cleaner after installing a cheap uv pond cleaner from Amazon £70 I couldn’t believe the difference massive root growth even deep into bloom, I basically neglected everything else as I truly thought it was destined to fail but for some reason the problem all along was solved with a uv pond cleaner. I had already done away with the chiller didn’t ph the water and even feed them with a feed set for coco as I didn’t wanna waste any more money and had some knocking about the roots was amazing best I’ve seen in real life.
So I’ve made this thread to help anyone and to save all the heart ach of someone trying to get there head round these systems

DickieTea

DickieTea

Interesting! Never seen this suggested before.

Thinking it through, is there a chance this could kill good bacteria/microbes that are beneficial?

Or I guess there’s no need for them if it’s killing off all the bad.

D

Drakeyd

Interesting! Never seen this suggested before.

Thinking it through, is there a chance this could kill good bacteria/microbes that are beneficial?

Or I guess there’s no need for them if it’s killing off all the
Yeah I think it kills all bacteria it’s the only way I can get this system to work properly

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

R
Anyone taking the plunge and trying to grow in the fancy bit of kit but constantly hitting problems with slime on the roots and slow growth symptoms of root rote etc even after trying what seems like everything from perfect water temperatures, ph on point nutrition perfect to adding hydrogen and pythium off etc and still hitting problems I even ran a system with completely distilled water and still hit problems. Trust me I’ve been there so frustrating and I solved this problem with my last ditched attempt before giving up on hydroponics with a very simple addition. A uv pond cleaner after installing a cheap uv pond cleaner from Amazon £70 I couldn’t believe the difference massive root growth even deep into bloom, I basically neglected everything else as I truly thought it was destined to fail but for some reason the problem all along was solved with a uv pond cleaner. I had already done away with the chiller didn’t ph the water and even feed them with a feed set for coco as I didn’t wanna waste any more money and had some knocking about the roots was amazing best I’ve seen in real life.
So I’ve made this thread to help anyone and to save all the heart ach of someone trying to get there head round these systems
Really interesting i have been looking at uv c for my dwc but im
On such a low level it wouldent make sense😂
Mostly a substrate guy

Definitely something to try
I have just had aome rot that I couldn’t get away with i did resivoir changes every other day used h2o2 eliminated all light leaks
Kept the temps down even bathed them
In weakened h2o2 solution and it just kept getting worse

D

Drakeyd

R

Really interesting i have been looking at uv c for my dwc but im
On such a low level it wouldent make sense😂
Mostly a substrate guy

Definitely something to try
I have just had aome rot that I couldn’t get away with i did resivoir changes every other day used h2o2 eliminated all light leaks
Kept the temps down even bathed them
In weakened h2o2 solution and it just kept getting worse
Yeah been there mate, all those things you mentioned are like little drops in an ocean since adding the pond/fish tank uv I’ve gotten insane root growth and haven’t done a water change don’t even oh the water and have been in canna cocco the h2oh2 and Pythian off don’t keep it at bay gutted I didn’t know this solution sooner coz I have fucked about so much and wasted months of cultivation

Top Bottom