All leaves yellow: Go ahead & chop?

• Thread starter Gurtgurt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Hi goobers. This is my first time growing in coco/perlite and I followed Canucks Grow method on YouTube. Organic dry amendments and EWC added to media and just gave plain water. Of course I started adding snake oil (mr fulvic, Epsom salt, seabird guano) during the grow because I can't help myself.

Anyway, currently these plants are fully into 10 weeks of 12/12. The max flowing time for all these plants according to seed dealer website is "8-9 weeks." These are 2x Durban poison and 2x strawberry cough.

I'm looking for likely reasons why all my leaves have turned yellow. Did I not fertilize them enough? I believe I cut off veg nutrients too early and they needed N. Last feed was quite a while ago, wanting to at least gear down if not fully flush.

Leaves have been yellow for a while now. Holding off trying to chop too early. I can't say I see that much amber in the trichomes. Smell is not very intense, but again this is my first time in coco. They still drink, starting to slow down.

Based on what you see, do you think they are still growing? The only green left is in the buds themselves. Shall I go ahead and chop?

All leaves yellow go ahead  chop
All leaves yellow go ahead  chop 2
All leaves yellow go ahead  chop 3
All leaves yellow go ahead  chop 4
All leaves yellow go ahead  chop 5
All leaves yellow go ahead  chop 6
All leaves yellow go ahead  chop 7
All leaves yellow go ahead  chop 8
All leaves yellow go ahead  chop 9
All leaves yellow go ahead  chop 10
Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Sorry, I somehow hit submit while typing.

The tent looks sparse -- I had one white widow, the only one to turn purple and greenest leaves throughout. It was listed as "8 weeks" in website and chopped that one a few days ago in week 9. I didn't see much amber on that one either to be honest.

So in this picture I removed one plant and the scrog net, trying to get a lot of air around bushy colas, they seemed humid to me.

Lights are 2x 2x4 ft LED quantum boards, still at 100% and maybe 14-18 inches away.

My thoughts from this grow as still very new:
I was completely absentee with this grow for the most part. Got super busy. I now question Canucks Grow expertise in those videos. Nonetheless it was a successful grow with my normal amount of problems.

Nothing too grand, just some varying leaf discoloration and nutrient imbalances. Of course I gave the same regimen to 3 different strains.

I have not ever been fast with my grows, so in this respect maybe I could have stuck with soil, but I wanted to try something new. I will stick with dry amendments next time.

I'm curious to taste the final result. I have no idea what's going on in my medium, but based on reading and inputs it should be pretty damn well alive. Grow was easy, watered a little bit more than with soil. I may have let the media get too dry on several occasions but I never saw droopy plants like when my soil would get too dry.

Having said all that, all the buds are sizeable, more so than what I'm used too seeing with soil and fox farm liquid trio.

Takeaways: I probably did veg too long. I try trio get big roots but ended up with lots of larf. On that note, when you defoliate just pinch off ALL of that lower stuff. I thought I removed a lot but apparently could have kept going.

Last edited:
Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

I probably will tomorrow morning.

I lied. Today marks first day of 11th week.

Top Bottom