All My Tops Turning Yellow?!

• Thread starter Thejoseph
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thejoseph

Thejoseph

So I'm currently on day 3 of 12/12 flowering and today I noticed all my tops are yellowing ... this has never happened to me before with my previous outdoor grow and this is my first ever indoor grow.

Specs:
•600wattHPS cooled by powerful fan
General hydroponics advanced nutrients flora trio + cal mag
•Black magic Coco coir mix
general hydroponics ph test kit
- humidity stays around 40-50% and temp stays in the 70's

I've been watering them ONLY with REverse osmosis water since seed...however yesterday I didn't have any on hand and the ladies needed water badly so I used tap water but without cal mag. I'm thinking maybe they didn't like the sudden use of tap water and that's what's happening but idk and I'm worried. Any help appreciated!!

Strains: 3 LA ultras, 1 white widow, 1 green crack and a bubblicious.

All my tops turning yellow
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

If you're in coir just give them a fresh feed with nutrients to runoff and you'll be fine. But I don't really see a problem in that pic. All new growth comes out a lighter green at first. From your pic it looks like you're nutrient formula is a little high, Or their under insufficient lighting. What are you running for lights, nutrient strength ?

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Sorry , just smoked a bowl. 600 watt air cooled with glass ? If so move the light closer.

*18-24 inches for 600 watt...
may want to step that light up to a 1000w to cover that area :)

Oh yea plants look good coco does that early in flowering like @MidwestToker said feed to run off you will be great.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Personally, I never liked running air cooled hoods. I really don't know of any Hid lighting manufactures that spec there bulbs for air cooled applications. Expect a 3-5% loss in intensity with glass installed. That's My biggest expense in my garden is my lighting.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Personally, I never liked running air cooled hoods. I really don't know of any Hid lighting manufactures that spec there bulbs for air cooled applications. Expect a 3-5% loss in intensity with glass installed. That's My biggest expense in my garden is my lighting.

How much does a reflector diminish light intensity? I've heard the half of the bulbs light that's reflected is greatly reduced.

Dan789

Dan789

No shit, mine too. But you do have options. (My evil twin couldn't help himself from throwing that out). The equation works out to the cost of ownership, basically either a nominal cost for a light and then high utility costs or a big assed cost upfront for a fluence or equivalent light then moderate utility costs. Pick one.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

No shit, mine too. But you do have options. (My evil twin couldn't help himself from throwing that out). The equation works out to the cost of ownership, basically either a nominal cost for a light and then high utility costs or a big assed cost upfront for a fluence or equivalent light then moderate utility costs. Pick one.
Ventilation and a good ambient air temp. Here's a 4x4x7 grow box with a open reflector 600 Intake air at 67* , 4" 170 cfm fan and filter combo. Do these look like they
DSCN0668
DSCN0669
have a temp problem. So size your ventilation for 1 min air exchanges and you won't have any problems

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Just saying air exchange is a good thing. Here's
DSCN0560
a pic of how close you can get a 400 open reflector to your canopy.

Top Bottom