All the way from Cairo

• Thread starter alytalawy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

alytalawy

Hello every body my name is Aly El Talawy and I live in Cairo I started growing as I am still a first time grower. I was wondering if someone can help me out.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Welcome to the farm...how are things in Cairo now?

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Greetings from Washington Sly.what are you frowning over here? I hope some good hashplant. It would be awesome to know.thanks.

A

alytalawy

Cairo

Welcome to the farm...how are things in Cairo now?

The country is facing a lot of problems and it doesnt look good from whats happening right now. But everyone is hoping for change so hopefully it will end in a good way.

A

alytalawy

Hello there thunderfudge... I am actually growing sativa plants. Supersilver, Amnesia, and K2.

kashif

kashif

salam brotheram...hope everythings fine there...nice to have u here...

A

alytalawy

My problem is that my growing tent that I made is about 1.7 meter in height and Width about 50 centimeters and I wanted some help on how to control the height of my plants?

M

midnightfarmer

Hello Alytalawy,
I'm new too. I also have a small space. Topping plants helps tame height but it will just get wider, What I would try are Autoflowering seeds as they produce short plants and are quicker to grow than ordinary but cuttings arn't really a option with them. Another way is too grow less plants but a good height strain and train them to grow in the directions you want along( you can bend cannabis stems and tie them into place to grow in the direction you want with no damage to the plant easily enough. You might want to check out splicing cannabis but it's not easy, I'm a new grower so I haven't tried that yet.
Budding early will keep it small too and might help make it bushy.
I say to check out as many ideas as possible and choose whats right for you and what materials you are able to get hold of.
What lights, soil are you using?:animbong:

A

alytalawy

Hello Alytalawy,
I'm new too. I also have a small space. Topping plants helps tame height but it will just get wider, What I would try are Autoflowering seeds as they produce short plants and are quicker to grow than ordinary but cuttings arn't really a option with them. Another way is too grow less plants but a good height strain and train them to grow in the directions you want along( you can bend cannabis stems and tie them into place to grow in the direction you want with no damage to the plant easily enough. You might want to check out splicing cannabis but it's not easy, I'm a new grower so I haven't tried that yet.
Budding early will keep it small too and might help make it bushy.
I say to check out as many ideas as possible and choose whats right for you and what materials you are able to get hold of.
What lights, soil are you using?:animbong:

Thank you for your help these are the same exact things I read about and I think training them to grow is the best option but I still have to try it. I think the only thing I am going to do is leave them to grow until the height I want then start flowering so they wouldnt get out of control. I had this other problem with the soil because I am living in Cairo so I have this amnesia plant in normal mud mixed with sand and my supersliver and K2 in Peat moss. Also because I am growing in a small place didn't want to use Metal halide because it is going to burn them so I am using fluorescent lights. I am trying for my next grow to buy some soil online what do you think I should get. I am also looking for some prelite.

fuzzb3

fuzzb3

I think the only thing I am going to do is leave them to grow until the height I want then start flowering so they wouldnt get out of control

Welcome to the Farm!

Remember some strains can grow upwards of a foot after switching over to flower cycle! :animbong:

M

midnightfarmer

Hi Alytalawy,
It can grow up to a third of it's height again but I'm not sure how much will
be for your plants but I'm trying amnesia too and it is a very good grower.
Do you have both kinds of lights, the warm spectrum and cold spectrum? You could use carcoal ( burn 't wood) as a fertilizer, seen people on strain hunters(on utube) use it when materials are hard to come by. :sun

fuzzb3

fuzzb3

then what do you think I should do fuzzb3?

Your definitely on the right track.:bong2: Just start them into flower a few inches earlier, keeping that in mind. Especially longer flowering strains.

A

alytalawy

Hi Alytalawy,
It can grow up to a third of it's height again but I'm not sure how much will
be for your plants but I'm trying amnesia too and it is a very good grower.
Do you have both kinds of lights, the warm spectrum and cold spectrum? You could use carcoal ( burn 't wood) as a fertilizer, seen people on strain hunters(on utube) use it when materials are hard to come by. :sun

Yes I am using the cold spectrum now because they are in their vegetative stage and they are growing very well... I used an organic NPK fertilizer in the form of black pellets and they really made a difference... I bought BioGrow do you think I should start them on that or keep them on the fertilizer?

A

alytalawy

are you enjoying this site?

Yooo Shakes.... This site is amazing man honestly every one is helping me out and I learned a lot of new things that are helping me out... Do you like the site until now??

P

plant-lover68

There's a lot of talk about tissue culture on the internet and some you tube videos about tissue culture. This lets you have a lower plant profile as far as height is concerned starting out. If you are not going to clone your plants and just grow them from seed, select a strain that doesn't grow so much after flowering is started. Maybe an indica/sativa strain might be your best bet instead of a pure sativa.

Top Bottom