All was well!

• Thread starter Legacy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Legacy420

Legacy420

Hello fellow farmers. I am having a few issues. this is the furthest I have gotten in my attempts to grow since November of last year. I started the seeds in 16 0z cups with miracle grow started soil. I use this because ffof was burning my seedlings and they never made it past 2 nodes. I vegged them untill I saw roots on the bottom of the cups and transplanted them into 3 gallon pots. They were all growing great until I noticed this.... pics below.
Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? from seed mazar, trisel, vortex
2. How old are your plants? maz and triesel are about 3 weeks vortex is about 2 weeks old
3. How tall are your plants? maz is about 5 inches and triesel is about 7 vortex is about 4 inches.
4. What size containers are they planted in? 3 gallon pots
5. What is your soil mix? ffof, mg seed starting soil. mg perlite and vermacite. 1/3 ff 1/3 perlite/ 1/3 vermacite
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? I use poland spring
7. What is the pH of your water?ph 6.3-6.5
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? none yet.
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?I foliar feed them with poland spring with a little mollasses in it.
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? 250 watt mh to veg just flipped to 12/12 hps on tuesday
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 16 inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 3ft by 3ft
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? light on 75-80 appx 20% humidity lights of 62-68
14. What is the pH of the soil? 6.3-6.5
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? none
16. How much experience do you have growing? less than a year. I am hoping that I need to just give them some ferts on the next watering. I water then when my soil meter is at dry. for some reason the miracle grow seed starting soil that they started in stays pretty wet. I hope it's not root rot. please help! I also noticed that my mazar plant started drooping after the one and only foliar feed.

All was well
All was well 2
All was well 3
All was well 4
All was well 5
All was well 6
All was well 7
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I know NOTHING about soil grows- why do you mist with molasses?

hubcap

hubcap

havent fed yet?

foliar feed of molasses?

whats the composition of your soil? whats in the mix?

Legacy420

Legacy420

Hubcap the soil mix is 1/3 perlite 1/3 vermacite 1/3 fox farms oceans forest. My mistake I foliar feed with a light mix of water and Advanced Nutrients mother earth grow tea. about 1/4th strength

hubcap

hubcap

might not be getting enough food thru the leaves, farmer legacy.
try soil feeding with same weak ratios youre using....
try a pH of 6.3ish, too. at only 1/3 soil, that mix is, in essence, a majority soilless. so treat it as such.....ie: the 1/3soil mix wont supply as much food as a 2/3 or full mix of FFoF....dig?

alot of people like foliar feeding and get great results. i just had a thread about this same issue a few seconds ago....
i think some nutrients are better applicated thru the soil, or root system, than thru the leaves. for example, fish emulsion (N) and Epsom Salts (Ca/Mg) take up thru leaves just fine, but im not so certain about the 'heavier' trace elements like zinc and iron.

that would be my advice. they dont look awful, by any means. try a soil applique of food at current strengths. if they respond well, up the dose next, and successive feeds, as recommended.

forman

forman

I agree with hubcap, your mix is 2/3 air and not enough siol base.

Legacy420

Legacy420

Great advice Hubcap and Foreman, I just watered them yesterday but I decided to give them 1/4 L water with the light nute mix. so i watered them and checked the runoff PH which is about 6.3. I will up the nute strength with the next watering if all is well. I started flowering a few days ago. but I gave it grow ferts. the next watering I will start with the AN Bloom tea.

hubcap

hubcap

pH is good and
be careful of overwatering when using vermiculite.
other than that...theyll be fine with your plan of attack. be patient with em. theyll come around.
just go with the understanding that your base is more "filler" than "functional food" if you will.

Legacy420

Legacy420

pH is good and
be careful of overwatering when using vermiculite.
other than that...theyll be fine with your plan of attack. be patient with em. theyll come around.
just go with the understanding that your base is more "filler" than "functional food" if you will.

I totally understand. I was holding back on the ferts thinking the Fox farm soil had enough nutes in it. Little did I realize that it had little to no nutes in it because I cut it with the vermacite and perlite. well I trimmed the yellow leaves off the triesel and the mazar is yellowing a little on the bottom leaves also. I gave them ferts and will not water again untill they are bone dry to prevent damping off. ( the soil around the base of the plant stay moist and almost wet due to the seed starting soil that I started them in. Thanks alot HUB and everyone else. anymore suggestions?

Top Bottom