Alllll Abord Amtrak..any One Ride The Rails???

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Booked a trip next month To Californi....A on Amtrak.
Sure do not wish to fly or drive..
will bring my own eats a good book, Pax Vape and enjoy the ride 20 hours...
Anyone else ride the rails??????
Have done before real nice easy going trip.....

S

Seed Buyer

:
Indian train

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Let us know how security is, I always wanted to jump on with a 20 pack

starr

starr

Im an avid train user. I wouldnt travel with any units they randomly but fairly often run dogs thru and there is always undercover around on long trips. Local is different. I have gone from colorado to california chicago new york.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I used to ride the rails quite often. I have a shit ton of amtrak miles. Security isn't SUPER TIGHT, but it isn't lax either. Sleeper cars are where its at.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I used to ride the rails quite often. I have a shit ton of amtrak miles. Security isn't SUPER TIGHT, but it isn't lax either. Sleeper cars are where its at.
$400.oo extra bucks one way on my train for sleeper 1 room left it says.... Will bring large pillow sleeping bag and crash somewhere. Last time saw a vacant carl like a baggage car took a few hits in there. /how about vaping???Ever do?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

$400.oo extra bucks one way on my train for sleeper 1 room left it says.... Will bring large pillow sleeping bag and crash somewhere. Last time saw a vacant carl like a baggage car took a few hits in there. /how about vaping???Ever do?
Back in my drinking days I used to bring a bottle of jack, and then hit the pipe when we had smoke breaks. I just made sure to go downwind of everyone. There's always another stoner there. I'm sure with the new vape pens you could hit the baggage car or bathroom. Edibles seem like a good idea.

juniper

juniper

Rode a few times. Chicago to 'Nawlins. Mattoon-Carbondale. Champaign-Chicago. Saluki line, City of New Orleans line.

I dislike flying, Amtrak has always been zero hassle. I always just got on in the middle of nowhere, small stations with no staff. No searches, no TSA. Sometimes on the shorter rides they don't even check your ticket. Bathrooms you can actually move in. Legroom.
There's always a window seat. You can drink and do other fun stuff as long as you're discreet and don't bother anyone.

Cons: abundant weirdos. Unusually high % of people who just got out the joint; actual, literal "cons".

Love Amtrak.

mike hunt

mike hunt

Premium Member
Supporter
Nothing more than Greyhound on the rails.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Nothing more than Greyhound on the rails.
I strongly disagree. Greyhound is cramped, the drivers are rude, and you always have to put p with screaming kids and tweakers. I've never had to deal with any of those things on Amtrak.

Fuck Greyhound!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Rode the hound once from san diego to colo. At San Brenadino I got off and huffed a dube out back. When I re boarded security came on and grabbed me searched found 2 1/2 fatties took them allowed me to re board went the rest of way no huffing, no sleep a nightmere. they treated me like a criminal for couple o dubes. Bet they got ripped though good smoke...Will be cool, vape only maybe exhale between cars....Who ME???no way..

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea amtrack can be hit or miss, most of the time I'd just puff on smoke breaks away from everyone. Look for the person doing the same if you feel like matching and striking up a convo. Just be careful smoking on the train, they may take that as a big disrespect and kick you off or call police, now that Co and Ca are legal they may be lax in those states or fucking nazis, just keep your wits about and your antanaes up because you may run into Bobby "do good" Amtrack attendant who wants to do some good ole fashioned " stoner bashing time" it still is hate crime that goes unpunished every day, when will the persecution end?

Anyway, I love riding the rails solo, I'd bring a few grams of wax or oil, and buy a new vape pen strictly for wax. The new ones are cheap under 50, and the deliver a hit that is almost equivelant to a nail. The Pax vapors are nice my bro has one, but they stink like cannabis, the wax pens dissipate so quick and hash oil smells " different". Just be careful, stay safe and enjoy the ride.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I rode the coast starlight from LA to seattle a few years back, almost 2 days to seattle with shitloads of stops.Fun to do it 1 time but id fly if i had a choice again,its just to slow for me.

Top Bottom