Almost Lost My New Clones

  • Thread starter brotherfrombelgium
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

285
63
Had something very unexpected happen yesterday with my aeroponic cloner.

Although the lid was snapped on tight i noticed all to late that water was getting out from under the lid and reaching the floor.

It had dumped almost 2 gallons, so the water reached almost 90, when i saw that temp i knew my newly developed roots were gone.

The lid to the cloner was warped because i had painted it last week and left it in the hot sun, never noticed it was warped it looked fine.

First time i painted this lid i was in a basement and let it naturally dry over a few days so should never have left it in the sun. : (

So sadly that lid is no good, i couldn't find a replacement which was the same so i ordered a replacement tote and will just have to make or rather drill through another lid again.

I cut the mush from the stems, applied rooting hormone again and stuck most of them into coco, a few others are in seedling soil.

Their under lights and i made a temporary hood from food plastic to keep them happy until they go into the cloner again.



Make shift humidity dome. :P


I've never stuck clones into coco, etc to actually promote root growth before.

Would you guys throw them back into a cloner or try root them whilst in a medium like mine are now?

I'm sure rinsing them off and putting them back into the cloner would be best...i might keep a few in coco just to see.

Anyway fingers crossed they come out ok, they look very healthy and never drooped once so here's hoping.
Both mother plants are in flower now so i don't want to get any more clones from them.
 
Last edited:
Ponky

Ponky

2,368
263
Clean a few. Peroxide and water dip em. Cut and scrape the bottom of the stem. And I'd bet they drop fresh roots in 5 days.
 
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

285
63
Removed clones from the coco and threw them into a new aeroponic cloner.

Reduced the site size from 30 to 16, i made the lid to my manifold so all sites will be getting smashed,
and also made the lid to the size of my light so all clones getting bathed in that lovely led light.

Got myself a much needed hygrometer for the grow tent today, will steadily reduce the RH over the flowering time.




So here's to the revival of my clones, saw some promising signs from a few clones so they should root well.
 

Similar threads

KambleFrost
Replies
1
Views
91
ChesterCheeba
ChesterCheeba
MTLEADER
Replies
8
Views
243
MTLEADER
MTLEADER
KanaKare
Replies
10
Views
257
Ponky
Ponky
Ph 007
Replies
4
Views
232
Dye
Dye
Top Bottom