Aloe growers?

• Thread starter angry monkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
angry monkey

angry monkey

Does anyone grow aloe along with their plants? I've recently learned of the benefits and picked up a young aloe with a few pups and was curious how I care for them as far as soil mixes and how much light to give them. I've seen cacti mix at Home Depot and thought about grabbing it. I have perlite, promix, coco, rice hulls, sand, and a slew of amendments so I'm not afraid to make my own if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I grow aloe vera separately from my plants. It doesn't like my conditions, including the level of sunlight, now that I've had it indoors for decades. Likes to be near a window, don't overwater, will grow in damn near anything, cats and chickens will eat it.

angry monkey

angry monkey

Any helpful tips for propagation? Pretty sure it's ready to be cloned.

urbanfog

urbanfog

was wondering myself, just bought a qt for foliar .........gonna drop some shoots for sure ;}

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

ive been growing aloe since i could walk, i would rec japenese aloe/edible btw/ works as a great companion plant or the fronds can be cleaned and the inner juice used as a foliar spray for your plants. Yes it works! If theres anything i can do to help id be glad to.

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

ive been growing aloe since i could walk, i would rec japenese aloe/edible btw/ works as a great companion plant or the fronds can be cleaned and the inner juice used as a foliar spray for your plants. Yes it works! If theres anything i can do to help id be glad to.

Nice... gtk.

angry monkey

angry monkey

As I have ended using organics I have no further use for the aloe. I thank you for the offer of help.

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

The first time my aloes flowered i was in awe! what a beautiful representation of one of natures sexy succulants. First time id ever seen hummingbirds fight actually, really brutal fighters believe it or not, lol especially for that aloe nectar. My flowers were crimson orange/pinkish, im gonna try to get the file off my tower to share here if i can find it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never seen pinkish aloe blossoms! I have seen, however, just how fierce hummers can be. Here are some blooms from another aloe I'd had for decades, left it with my mom, don't know the species.

Aloebloom1

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Sorry my computer is acting reallystrange, tis why I use tablet now.

Aloe 012
VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Those flowers appeared pinkish to me! Then again i may be wrong. That aloe pic seamaiden shared is an interesting color pattern.

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

wow!! what a beast plant man! That flower is gonna be epic!

Top Bottom