Aloha Limone Colorado Seed Company

• Thread starter chitownglass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chitownglass

Finishing up my second grow in the 4x4. Learned a lot this time around. Ran into some issues but thats part of the endeavor. Have another 4 weeks left so its time to start a new batch. These seeds were gifted to me from my dear friend Jack! Free beans are the best beans indeed! Shout out to my homie Jack! I'll be sending you a fresh pack once these babies are done! We are running 3 feminized Aloha Limone girls from Colorado Seed Company this time around. I can already tell these are good genetics by how quickly they germinated and popped. Super fast! This will be an easy soil run in FFOF. Just plain water until stretch time. I had some issues with the last batch of FFOF. It was literally hot as shit and I was dealing with an excess of nitrogen for a little. I should have everything figured out this time around though. I will be breaking my soil down a bit more with an innate medium to balance the hotness as best as possible. Mistakes are important, without them we become complacent and have a hard time growing. Appreciate any input whether positive or negative. Cheers yall!

Aloha limone colorado seed company
Aloha limone colorado seed company 2
Aloha limone colorado seed company 3
Aloha limone colorado seed company 4
C

chitownglass

Going on 3 weeks since sprouting. Slowly starting to pick up now. Waiting patiently for that growth to go into full effect. All is well. I am chopping the plants in my 4x4 tent next Monday. I added a little pic of my favorite pheno. Enjoy and cheers yall!

20240314 120838
20240314 120857
20240313 155450
20240313 155513
C

chitownglass

Transplanting into bigger pots tomorrow. These are gonna be vegging for a while to fill my space. I have an upgraded light this time around. Going from a 330 watt led to a 650 watt Spider Farmer SF7000 in the flowering tent. Will update in a few days after I transplant and top the girls.

Cheers Yall!

20240322 194612
20240322 194619
C

chitownglass

Went ahead and transplanted into 1 gallon pots. Thought I had enough soil to put them in 2.5 gallon pots but I didn't. I'll do a final transplant into 5 gallon pots in a few weeks when I get more. Ill top them when I'm back home on Tuesday as well. Started foliar spraying Castille Hemp and Peppermint soap/Peppermint horticultural oil/neem oil/water ipm regimen. I think thats pretty much it.

Cheers Yall!

20240323 171742
20240323 171801
C

chitownglass

Nuked the tent for bugs and got it super clean. Went ahead and installed the new 650 watt Spiderfarmer SF7000! Im already pretty impressed. Especially with how little heat this unit puts out. Having the driver outside the tent helps a lot im sure. Plants are sitting at 400 PPFD right now and unit is at only 20%. I definately won't be able to max this unit out in the 4x4 without any co2, but it will be a huge upgrade from the 330 watt led i had. Plants are getting straight phd water until flower stretch. Ill probably give them a few weeks in these pots before they go into their 5 gallon forever homes.

Cheers Yall!

20240325 161811
20240325 215336
20240325 215412
20240325 215351
Last edited:
C

chitownglass

Plants look pretty healthy imo. Going to top them tomorrow. They are an extremely slow growing strain. Has to be the genetics. I started some other beans already. I wouldn't be surprised if they lap these though. These beans were supposed to be like 10 years old. Maybe thats why. Idk?

Cheers!

20240401 162529
20240401 162543
20240401 162706
C

chitownglass

I'm frustrated with these plants! My environment is in order and they are growing so damn slow! I know they could use a transplant but I really doubt that is the problem. I've grown plants way bigger in these gallon pots before so I'm stumped. Im starting to believe it has to do with genetics and maybe the age of the seeds. These seeds were supposedly like 10 years old so maybe thats why. They germinated and popped really quick tho, so I am confused. I started some other beans because of this. Let's see if they can lap the other ones. Ill go ahead and transplant them into bigger pots after this weekend. I went ahead and topped all three plants a couple days ago. Looks like they have recovered nicely. One of the plants is showing some very minor leaf tip burn. Probably due to the FFOF soil being too hot. Other than that they look pretty healthy imo. I mixed the FFOF this time with one part FFOF, one part perlite, and one part peat. I thought that would fix the excess nutrient problem but I am still getting signs of over feeding. I think I'm done using FFOF after this run. I've had the same issue a couple times now. The baby seedlings pictured are in 100% FFOF so I am expecting some 🔥 as well. I had some FFOF left over from my previous run but didn't have any perlite or peat. I really hope they don't get fried, however judging from my previous experiences im not so optimistic. Im gonna go ahead with a new medium my next run because FFOF has been nothing but problems for me. Has anyone else had this issue before? How about really slow growing plants? What organic medium do you guys like using? I was thinking about switching to promix hp, worm castings, and gaia green. I got a whole bunch of free gaia green nutes so I'd like to use them up instead of blowing money on new ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm patiently waiting for the growth spurt to start! Come on ladies! Let's goooo!

Cheers Yall!

20240403 165342
20240403 165403
20240403 165424
C

chitownglass

Topped all three plants and did some lst to the plant on the left. The other two need to stretch a little more before I can lst them too. Maybe they are starting to pick up the pace a little bit. Idk. Ill probably go ahead and transplant them in about a week or so. Other than that they all look pretty healthy to me. I'll be back in a few days for an update.

Cheers Yall!

20240406 103612
20240406 103625
C

chitownglass

They need to be transplanted soon. Will probably go ahead and do that in the next couple of days. Lots of new branches popping up everywhere. I need the plants on the right to stretch a little so I can finish lsting them. Can't get in there when they are so squat. Seedling on the right is showing signs of nute burn. I anticipated this due to the FFOF I used. Ill prob toss it out honestly. Too sensitive. Other than that all is well imo.

Cheers!

20240409 123823
C

chitownglass

Plants look a little sad today. I was going to repot them today but didn't have enough time today. I just watered them so they look a little droopy. They should be praying soon tho. Tomorrow I'll transplant into their 5 gallon homes. I feel like they should take off then. Smooth sailing and training from there on. Prob just a few top dresses in 🌼. Next time I'm going to go solo to final home tho. Way easier that way unless I'm sexing regular seeds. I like the structure of these little plants. Might try the net this time. Well see...

Cheers Yall!

20240410 161338
20240410 161329
C

chitownglass

Got the ladies in their final 5 gallon homes. Now its just smooth sailing with water up until flip. Roots were kinda crammed in the 1 gallon pots. Im thinking they are gonna take off with all that new root space. We shall see.

Cheers yall!

20240412 111734
20240412 111722
C

chitownglass

Really liking the structure of these girls. Hopefully 4 more weeks of veg time will suffice before we flip them to flower. I think they were growing slow due to having small pots. Im going to try and post an update as much as possible with my busy schedule. Im wondering if I am posting in the right category. I never get any love or feedback on this forum. Lol Oh well.

Cheers yall!

20240413 140937
20240413 140924
Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Really liking the structure of these girls. Hopefully 4 more weeks of veg time will suffice before we flip them to flower. I think they were growing slow due to having small pots. Im going to try and post an update as much as possible with my busy schedule. Im wondering if I am posting in the right category. I never get any love or feedback on this forum. Lol Oh well.

Cheers yall!

They might be growing slow but they look healthy.

C

chitownglass

Plants are chugging along slowly. I think these are just going to keep growing slowly. Must be a genetic thing. You can see how big the seedlings already are and they are like 6 weeks behind the bigger plants. Alot of times runts and mutants produce some of the best flowers. We shall see. Seedlings are gonna go into 2.5 gallon pots tomorrow. Plants are all a little wet in the pictures as they just had their bi-weekly IPM. Looks like its going to get really crowded this run. I was planning on just running three and growing them to max capacity but at this growth rate its just not palatable. Oh well, there's always next time!

Cheers Yall!

20240416 133826
20240416 133804
C

chitownglass

Seedlings are going into bigger pots today. They are all getting some phd water with calmag today. Other than that all is well.

Cheers!

20240418 081419
C

chitownglass

Just transplanted the seedlings. Im gonna try to keep them small by topping next week. I might have to put them in my veg room wile the three Alohas flower. Its gonna get too crowded in here with all of them. I can always put a couple outdoors as its the perfect time of year. Well figure it out as we go.

Cheers!

20240418 131821
20240418 131835
Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Just transplanted the seedlings. Im gonna try to keep them small by topping next week. I might have to put them in my veg room wile the three Alohas flower. Its gonna get too crowded in here with all of them. I can always put a couple outdoors as its the perfect time of year. Well figure it out as we go.

Cheers!

If they're growing slow topping them slows them down more. I'd let them grow without topping.

I find seed companies tell you a story about genetics which doesn't always match what the plant tells you. The "small" hints that maybe you have genetics you didn't expect.

Top Bottom