alright homies, help me make the most out of my space

• Thread starter BongToker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BongToker

help me make my space run as efficient as possibly and by efficient i mean put out the most medicine as possible and therefore make me as happy as possible :mmm ive got a 2x2 tent with air coold 250w and temps and humidity are all in check so my question would be the best style to grow, in the past i just popd a pack and would end up with 5-6 fems and pull about a zip off each but this time round im left with 3 fems and im thinking i might be able to pull more weight by cliping clones off these 3 fems and filling up the whole flowering space with cuttings.. let me kno what you guys think..:smiley_joint:

F

farmerjohn

With 3 females you could remove the lower limbs for clones, trimming with a purpose, that is, to have multiple bud sites @ the same level. Start the mothers on 12/12, while the clones veg to 10'-12'. Some training to a single cola, in 1/2 gal. pots, would allow you to maximize your space. The clones would ripen several weeks after the mothers, effectively giving you 2 harvests.
:harvest::harvest:

B

BongToker

sounds like a very good idea, only thoughts are.. how long should i veg these babbies out till i can clip these clones?? and how long will i have to wait after clipping the clones to flower the mom?

B

BongToker

sounds like a very good idea, only thoughts are.. how long should i veg these babbies out till i can clip these clones?? and how long will i have to wait after clipping the clones to flower the mom?

K

Kennie_B

You could flower the mothers right after taking the cuttings but a few days to recoup will never hurt. As for veg size thats a personal preference more than anything, ie- size of room & lights.

devious d

devious d

i think those tents are great for sog runs due to height restrictions, in a 2x2 3 plants plenty of room for as many cuts as you can take, like farmer john said 2 crops once you flower the 3, then the cuts.take the cuts from top as well and give a few days to a week to recover and you will get multiple bud sites.

B

BongToker

how old do those 3 plants have to be before i starting taking cuts off them??

M

Malachi

You want max yield in a 2x2 tent bro here you go. Get a 400W ballast and run a 430W EYE Hort HPS you should be able to air-cool that just fine. A 430 is perfect footprint for a 2x2 area. Get your self some chicken wire or some 2x2 fencing and make a scrog about 18" above your plants. Use the screen to train your plants for maximum bud sites. Depending on strain flip at about 75% full for indica and 50% full for sativas. Slowly trim the undergrowth daily so that their is no undergrowth under the screen. Don't do it all at once because you take the risk of stunting your plants. You can trim undergrowth all the way during the stretch (21 days into flower). If you do this your 2x2 tent will be maxed out bro. Good luck!

B

BongToker

can you use this screen or chicken wire method with individual pots, that i need to take out to water and such.. or is strictly for a flood tray or hydro like set up??

M

Malachi

you can use it with individual pots or flood and drain, either way. If you cant reach into a 2x2 tent to water the plants then there is something wrong somewhere. this is the way to max out your yield for sure

B

BongToker

i can reach in there fine, im just wondering if after i have them all trained into the screen and everything is it going to be impossible for me to pull each individual plant out of the tent to water and keep in check?? and how long do you think it will take veg time to fill the chicken wire up with green??

M

Malachi

with 3 plants you should be able to fill the screen in 2 weeks probally, maybe 3. i still don't know why you have to take them out to water them, i must be missing something

P

paulycali

You know whats up bong toker! Go with you gut. Fill that 2x2 with 12-24 plants. basically as many as you can fit in the 2x2 tray.

Start flowering them when there 12 inches max. Whenever you feel comfortable but not taller than 12 inches. Let them grow as single colas and let the good times roll. Less overall work!

Or grow 4 plants in 3 gallon pots and supercrop the *hit out of them. Start flowering sometime before they get 2ft in height. Remove lower leaves halfway up for more energy to go to the colas to produce bigger buds. More overall work!

If i had your setup i would go SEA OF GREEN style since your 250 watt light penetrates very little and growing small plants this style will have the best overall results. You should be able to succesfully pull 1/2oz off each plant growing this style. Make sure you place a stake in each pot to encourage straight growth and later you can tye her to it

SEA OF GREEN FINAL ANSWER

Good luck and happy growing

B

BongToker

tanks for the advice pauly c, im most likley going to give that sea of green set up a run, deffintly seems legit,, the only thing that comes to my mind as a possible hassle is having to take care of each individual plant... these SOG work best with hydro dont they:sweating??

devious d

devious d

I have a 2m x 1m space i pack 40 8.5ltr square pots lip to lip water by hand organicly pull a oz a plant vegged for 7-10 days as i have height restrictions sea of green best way i can see for you bro, i have a 20 poT flood and drain that fits the space but gone on an organic tip:bong2:

B

BongToker

cool man, sounds like a nice lil set up... only questions i got now are about lighting for the mom tent, do you think T5s could work out for it?? and by the way what strain do you grow out devious, sounds like a good amount of weight from clones with barley any veg

Top Bottom