Alternative To Calmag Plus

• Thread starter ArmedGeek
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PharmHand

Botanicare calmag plus runs way to hot. 2ml adds roughly 40ppm give or take and adds up very quickly in dwc. What's a good alternative?
Not sure why you'd want something more dilute. Seems to be the best value to me and the best N ratio of the bottled varieties for cal-nit, mag-nit sources. GH uses carbonate based calmag which isn't all immediately available and tends to raise medium ph over time as it builds up. At the ag supply stores you can get straight cal and mag for really cheap but it would be dry salts.

ArmedGeek

ArmedGeek

Not sure why you'd want something more dilute. Seems to be the best value to me and the best N ratio of the bottled varieties for cal-nit, mag-nit sources. GH uses carbonate based calmag which isn't all immediately available and tends to raise medium ph over time as it builds up. At the ag supply stores you can get straight cal and mag for really cheap but it would be dry salts.

It's possible I don't even need to add calmag plus. My grow A has the same additives. Is it benneficial to add a little calmag as well?

Connoisseur Grow A
Nitrogen 4%
Calcium 3.55%
Magnesium .9%
Iron 0.05%

Calmag
Nitrogen 2%
Calcium 3.2%
Magnesium 1.2%
Iron .1%

P

PharmHand

You might not. I only really add calmag the first few weeks in new coco then taper it off. You still in dwc? Might not be necessary at all. I use sensi coco I think it's got 3.5% in part A too

PavitrJadoo

PavitrJadoo

If 'Hot' is your issue I'd go Herculean harvest or Demeter's Destiny... In continuance of the analogy I'd consider both to be 'cold' but still readily available, and thus effective.

Top Bottom