Alternative to Hygrozyme? Carefree Enzymes?

• Thread starter treebark1950
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
treebark1950

treebark1950

Whats up farmers?

I want to start adding Enzymes to my operation but to be quite frank hygrozyme is just too expensive, I can get a 5 gallon container of it for $350 but I still think thats nuts, and thats a good deal on it I do believe.

I have been looking into cheaper alternatives and I see several people using carefreePond Protector Concentrate (step 2) at a dilution of 7.5ml per 50 gallons, so its super concentrated. 45 bucks will do 6000 gallons!

Any thoughts or comments on this or other suggestions?

Just been pondering this, as I'm trying to get away from the crazy hydro store prices on zymes.

dankworth

dankworth

I am going to see if I can extract enzymes from my vomit. Should be even cheaper!
Nah, just playing, been using Carefree enzymes pond protector since august of '10. Downright affordable. Anyone used their hydro formulation?

A

A1NUTRIENTS

Stuff works well treebark, many farmers use that, I know of a few that swear by it.

treebark1950

treebark1950

Hell yea!

I'm gonna order a bottle of it today!

I went through my $30 bottle of Hygrozyme in like 3 waterings and I was like dang this stuff is gonna be crazy expensive!

dankworth

dankworth

Yeah dude, you get more than a couple of lights, and you look at the prices for 5 gallon jugs of stuff and you're like "I could pick up a couple of ballasts and reflectors for that much money." Or buy that fogger thing on a humidistat to dial VPD to cut my cycle time by a week. Or whatever.

treebark1950

treebark1950

Yeah dude, you get more than a couple of lights, and you look at the prices for 5 gallon jugs of stuff and you're like "I could pick up a couple of ballasts and reflectors for that much money." Or buy that fogger thing on a humidistat to dial VPD to cut my cycle time by a week. Or whatever.

No kidding, thats one thing that has changed my out look on things now that I've grown. Now that I'm rocking almost 20 bulbs I have to buy everything in bulk. Its not just 1 or 2 bags of soil but rather a Uhaul full. After I get my RA's in check which is almost done, ill be reusing all of my A1 Soil. Its Not a gallon of nutes anymore but more like 5-10 gallons of each...An blowing through 150 gallons+ a week is what is killing me. Damn I need a 1000GPD RO to get my Res's all filled up and running in a decent amount of time. My 300GPD just isn't enough!

But yea not ever trying to cut corners but if I can save on something simple like an enzyme I'm all for it. Thats one reason why I rock A1 so hard, by the growers for the growers, its no bs and all the good stuff.

You guys have any suggestions to an alternative to Sea Green? Been wanting to rock it but then again thats another few hundred dollar purchase?

Cheers

Top Bottom