Alternatives to rockwool for propogation.

• Thread starter Silica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Silica

I would like to find and equally efficient ways to propogate or germinate seeds into besides rockwool cubes.

I have tried and have gotten used to rockwool cubes its just i would like to try other ways.

I grow in perlite and may in future try coco.

Anyway i need something that is just as stable as rockwool.
I ussually take clones and sit them under plastic trays to keep up humidity under florescents.

Has anyone found a different way of propogation for coco perlite or soil?

I imagine tissue paper would not be as stable.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Try Rapid Rooters. They are kind of like soil sponges. They work very well, and are less susceptible to the problems that can arise with rockwool.

T

the Rock

pitpots work very well>sannies sends them out with his seed orders. i dont know if its his seeds or the pitpots but it is ALWAYS 100% germ rates with his products. He also sends his sanniebacto stuff which I guess helps something??

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeap, Jiffys. Peat of coco, both as good as each other.

M

moggggys

rockwool is inert , it also allows concentration of clonex to be at the place its needed , it also creates a stable area that within roots can grow without being touched or pissed about with by ham fisted repotters ( me in other words )

you can use alsorts from nothing at all to a kitchen sponge but to be honest rockwool is the best

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

I too, still use Jiffy's. Thinking Rooters would be cleaner though.

M

mark23

no doubt

no luck with rockwool 1oo% with peat pellets once youve used these you will love them

Greyskull

Greyskull

wow no one here rocking the aerocloner?
they have a bigger footprint than a tray of rooters or cubes, but there's no humidity to deal with.... just have the pump on and a shop light over it and you are money.

I am a solid 90% with my ezcloner. its awesome.
I have a gro-clone that is pretty cool, too... smaller footprint. But I like the ezclone.

GO EZCLONE!

G

grizz

I just use my dome bottom full of coco. never have to replace it or buy rr . just fill it upwith coco and wet it tell its moist, stick cuts in it and when they root just gently pull them up and reinsert them in a cup of coco,

I have gotta try a ezcloner some day, tried a nother brand and had no luck at all 100% failure, the damn pump made the water to hot.

F

FastForward

I've just almost finished a mini test of some coco jiffys. Took 5 cuts, 4 rooted within 2 weeks - one still to go/maybe failed. If I did the same with RRs I'd probably get the same success rate but maybe a few days faster (7-10 days sometimes). Either is good but I think I prefer the RRs because they tend to hold moisture longer, and are easier to see how moist they are from the colour - but they're a shitload more money.

K

KushyNutt

What do you mean....you turn ur R.R upside down? Is there an advantage to this. I'am just tryin the R.R for the first time and was wondering if anyone could tell me how long they usually wait for their sprouts?

Top Bottom