Always get this on my grows

• Thread starter whelksemengmail.com
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

i'm a rookie so this is all i can help with.
wish i could help more.
i think gnick55 nail it either way, to little to late.
good luck
Great Post, Good to Know. So with Magnesium it stated the leaves yellow first. With Calcium it is the opposite. The rust spots come up first than the leaves yellow and it is always a nod or two below the top of the plant.

D

dean1963

i could post a link to the website that shows common issues if i'm allowed to here.
it's my go to place 1st so not to bother the people here.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Great Post, Good to Know. So with Magnesium it stated the leaves yellow first. With Calcium it is the opposite. The rust spots come up first than the leaves yellow and it is always a nod or two below the top of the plant.
also for calcium def, usually it’s the parts of leaves exposed to the light

D

dean1963

side note.. things like this is reasons why you don’t go defolianting everything so you can “read the plants”..
100% agree. in my very limited experience, the leaves tell you the issue.
are they up,down,yellow,brown etc,etc,etc.

did your thumbs up mean i could show that website for common leaf issues or no?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
100% agree. in my very limited experience, the leaves tell you the issue.
are they up,down,yellow,brown etc,etc,etc.

did your thumbs up mean i could show that website for common leaf issues or no?
sure

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Cough cough

Added extra cal mag and epsom salt today myself on one of my girls haha

I’ve found some worse but don’t have pics but yeah I hit her with cal mag right away when I saw it

Hoping I caught it early as well cus she looks like a keeper

C219470F DB8E 4FAB A3E9 605A337B3D8B
E8B1F30D 09A2 4B0C A3E4 63A09F8B5EC7
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

i’ll be back i need to eat..
you should print this out just to have, you might not necessarily understand it right now..View attachment 1322795
cool chart bro, and actually basic but makes it easier to explain to others (which is something i struggle with having to mentally translate everything)

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

side note.. things like this is reasons why you don’t go defolianting everything so you can “read the plants”..
Good point, but i would add "maybe read the plant sooner" especially for newer growers.

Ps: i defoliate!

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

Cough cough

Added extra cal mag and epsom salt today myself on one of my girls haha

I’ve found some worse but don’t have pics but yeah I hit her with cal mag right away when I saw it

Hoping I caught it early as well cus she looks like a keeper
That is not really a good idea because you are adding Calcium and Magnesium with the Cal Mag then adding more Magnesium with the epsom salt. The ratio between Calcium and Magnesium needs to be in check. By adding more Magnesium you are can cause a problem with K uptake. If you want to see some of this for yourself you can take a look at Molders Chart. It shows how the antagonist relationship between minerals works.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
That is not really a good idea because you are adding Calcium and Magnesium with the Cal Mag then adding more Magnesium with the epsom salt. The ratio between Calcium and Magnesium needs to be in check. By adding more Magnesium you are can cause a problem with K uptake. If you want to see some of this for yourself you can take a look at Molders Chart. It shows how the antagonist relationship between minerals works.
Thank you! I’ll check that out I was adding epsom salt previously just saw that leaf and a few others today when I was moving them around and decided to add cal mag to the feed, (for the cal of course lol) next feed I’ll run just the cal mag and no epsom salt

Anthem

Anthem

Thank you! I’ll check that out I was adding epsom salt previously just saw that leaf and a few others today when I was moving them around and decided to add cal mag to the feed, (for the cal of course lol) next feed I’ll run just the cal mag and no epsom salt
That is actually a calcium problem. Take a look back on this thread and you will see someone posted mag and cal problems and how to tell them apart.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
That is actually a calcium problem. Take a look back on this thread and you will see someone posted mag and cal problems and how to tell them apart.
Yep yep i added the cal mag to the mix just to to add the cal, the epsom salt was something I was already feeding, I should have not added it

Gmix

Gmix

Espsom salts can really up the ec I added it once like you have & burnt my plants.

With calcium deficiency like yours once it’s got hold the old growth doesn’t recover it just looks worse. You can limit how much damage it will do by adding Cali mg however the old growth will never look good it will get worse you can only limit the damage you can’t reverse it.
I hope I worded that well as I can struggle with how to put things.

All the best bud.

Z

Zill

Hey Anthem,

You got that wrong. K can interfere with Mg uptake. High levels of Mg on the other hand does not impair K absorption.

Zill.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Espsom salts can really up the ec I added it once like you have & burnt my plants.

With calcium deficiency like yours once it’s got hold the old growth doesn’t recover it just looks worse. You can limit how much damage it will do by adding Cali mg however the old growth will never look good it will get worse you can only limit the damage you can’t reverse it.
I hope I worded that well as I can struggle with how to put things.

All the best bud.
Yep for sure! I left them on for now just to get what I can out of them then I’ll remove them, I know they won’t reverse I watch the next stage you get growth to see if it continues or if I have it under control

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Hey Anthem,

You got that wrong. K can interfere with Mg uptake. High levels of Mg on the other hand does not impair K absorption.

Zill.
Probably better safe than sorry unless I was specifically showing a mag def

Top Bottom