Always Learning

• Thread starter Guerilla 420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Guerilla 420

Guerilla 420

I've been growing commercially in California for some time and always working with clones never having the opportunity for seeds because of the scale of the operations. Now I'm starting to do my own genetic work with a couple of strange I picked up she two years but always looking for more information. I joint looking for some help and some questions answered.
Mainly... What's the best way to get a particular favorite phenotype to produce seeds?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I've been growing commercially in California for some time and always working with clones never having the opportunity for seeds because of the scale of the operations. Now I'm starting to do my own genetic work with a couple of strange I picked up she two years but always looking for more information. I joint looking for some help and some questions answered.
Mainly... What's the best way to get a particular favorite phenotype to produce seeds?
not sure what your asking here.are you asking what you need to do to make seeds that give off the same phenos as the one your starting with?if that's what your asking the answer is,it depends on how stable the line of seeds your prized clone came from.clones like bubba kush can be crossed with almost anything and in the first f1 gen about 75% of phenos will be very similar to the clone as bubba tends to dominate in a cross.why it does i dunno but very bubba cross iv ran most phenoes were bubba but on the flip side of that take ecsd and make a cross and not as many phenoes will be like the ecsd on the f1 gen.it depends on the genetics but it could take many generations of breeding,running large amounts of seeds to find the exact phenoes you want to select,testing off spring and stuff.there's different methods of breeding too.(not that i know much about them)to truly breed is alot of work.i know that much.or do what most others and myself do wich is simply choose a male to pollinate your female then take those seeds pop em and pray to jah they all turn out keepers.we call it "a pollon chuck"

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

there's a thread about how dj short does it and weirdly he seems to be one of the more knowledgeable breeders which is kinda weird coz it seems to me that alot of people who run his gear complain that there's a very low number of keepers in his lines especially his blueberry lines.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Yes that is one of my current plants. It's a green crack.
she,s a beauty.i ran gc fem from sickness and it was really REALLY fruity.like concentrate fruit juice before you dilute it.taste and yeulded great but i felt there was just a wee something missing in the high department but i still liked it.

Guerilla 420

Guerilla 420

she,s a beauty.i ran gc fem from sickness and it was really REALLY fruity.like concentrate fruit juice before you dilute it.taste and yeulded great but i felt there was just a wee something missing in the high department but i still liked it.
it has all the juiciness and fruitiness of sangria it is very fragrant one of the smelliest in my garden. And I agree with you that it's lacking something in the high I will be Crossing it with a Quantum Kush when I get to my new place.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Dj Short knows his shit. Breeder Steve does as well. Lots of these guys have been around forever and their works have been ripped off and passed around for decades. Dj Short has actually redone his blueberry line a couple times and the last time was not as good as previously. He is working on it again to restore its greatness to how it was in the pre 90s. Give him time. Sometimes you have to take a step back before you can take two steps forward.

Guerilla 420

Guerilla 420

Dj Short knows his shit. Breeder Steve does as well. Lots of these guys have been around forever and their works have been ripped off and passed around for decades. Dj Short has actually redone his blueberry line a couple times and the last time was not as good as previously. He is working on it again to restore its greatness to how it was in the pre 90s. Give him time. Sometimes you have to take a step back before you can take two steps forward.
I agree taking a step back sometimes it is the best. Although before I can take a step back I must first take a step forward and get the genetics I want. Thanks for your help

Top Bottom