Am I a cannabis hypochondriac?

• Thread starter RibbonM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RibbonM

RibbonM

I decided to get into gardening this year for the first time. I planted a veggie garden, then a friend gave me 3 cannabis seedlings he had started from some random seeds he had saved over the years. Having no clue, I went online and got some basic info on pot size, soil, etc. My plan was to just let them grow and see what happened. 2 of the plants turned out to be males so I discarded them, leaving 1lone plant that I have become obsessed with keeping healthy and hopefully harvesting. I planted the seedling outside on June 1st. It has continued to grow (in height) quite well. It has always been sort of a light green colour but over the past 3 weeks the leaves have become paler, tiny yellow spots appeared on older leaves and a few larger fan leaves turned quite yellow. I tested the soil. PH was a bit high so I added PH Down and started feeding with a bone and blood meal additive. I wondered if it was root bound so I transplanted it into a slightly bigger pot 2 wks ago. It has continued to grow but the spots on the leaves have not improved. I took my soil samples to a store that specializes in cannabis growing. He said the PH seemed fine, nitrogen appeared low. He gave me FloraNova Bloom (4-8-7), said to feed once or twice a week. I am now wondering if there is something else I need to do or if I should just leave it alone and let it grow? Any suggestions?
full plant.jpg
full plant.jpg
spotty leaves.jpg
early flower.jpg

Oh gosh

Oh gosh

Spots are insect damage. Mites or Thrips. Need a jeweler's loop or something similar to identify what you have. Either way start treating immediately.

growsince79

growsince79

I think you need a bigger pot. Looks like it gonna be 15ft.

RibbonM

RibbonM

Spots are insect damage. Mites or Thrips. Need a jeweler's loop or something similar to identify what you have. Either way start treating immediately.
Thanks. I just sprayed in down with insecticidal soap.

RibbonM

RibbonM

I think you need a bigger pot. Looks like it gonna be 15ft.
OMG. Are you kidding? How big of pot would I need? I was nervous the 1st time I transplanted her but she seemed to have suffered no ill effects. You think I need to transplant?

Top Bottom