Am I doing a slurry test properly?

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

So before I make a long winded post about any issues, I need to do my own diagnostics and I suppose I need to test my soil ph, I usually don't fuck with it cause I'm outside before any issues pop up. I'll buy a meter if I have to I guess... but tonight I'm attempting a slurry test. I mixed equalish parts soil and distilled water until it looks slurry-esque and now I'm going to wait an hour and test with litmus paper because it's what I have. Will this give me a decent idea to where I don't need to buy a meter? I know, the 20 bucks will just kill me 🤣... not really, I've just never needed one and like to keep shit simple.
Thinking I gave cal mag too soon because before that they were showing no symptoms, but the variable is different soil than usual and different soil than 3 that are showing no symptoms, but are also younger... so now I'm not sure the cause. Always something, and it's usually because I like to do dumb shit and mike my life harder. 🤣

P

Paradiced

I think you'll b fine w the litmus.. It's going to tell you if your way off. If you wanted to know if you were a little off then sure get a meter. Your safe this far me thinks lol! 👍

Reactions: TSD
Top Bottom