Am I doing paper towel method wrong

• Thread starter Bib4tuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrb53

Mrb53

I certainly dont trust ILGM & dont believe their seeds are viable. I do grows almost every yr.& always by seed. Granted this will be 3rd indoor grow ever but I always germinate the same way & almost all pop & survive. I get what u mean by times changing tho. Another new change I've made is using the heating mat but last yr. I did with a heat mat & all popped also. I took the duds from them & threw them in ground anyways & one came up,hasnt showed true leaves yet. I wa wondering since the replacements havent popped if I should stick container outside to see if they pop too? After forever in paper plates I moved into lil cups with soil & had that sitting on heating mat. I havent had cups under light tho cuz of heating mat. Usually when I did without mat after plates I'd put under fluorescent lights & they'd break surface. 3-4 days on mat without breaking surface I stuck under light like I used too but was wondering if I could just sit on front porch since it's been so hot out & the dud popped I threw outside? I know alot off ppl might say no since it isnt good to take from outside to inside but if it's on porch maybe it'll be ok.
So what do you have to loose? Damned if you do, damned if you don't? When seeds do not pop the way they are supposed to ,we have little recourse other than to try more drastic measures. Score the seeds (little sandpaper or other rought them up measure to get through the waxy layer), soak in 50/50 milk/water to add sugar in case the seeds are old and used up their sugar/starch stores), heating mats, paper towel / baggies, lamps, etc. Good seeds pop within 48 hours...ALWAYS. Poor seeds, well, they show their true self don't they? Nothing to lose throwing them in the dirt, everything to gain. Reminder - if the seed pops and the eat is above 79°f, you can cook them and nothing will come out. bacteria just kind of dissolves the tap before you get a chance to see it.

Many of us home breeders grow phenomenal seeds, we just lack the marketing ploys the big boys have. I am a fan of homegrown over institutions. I am so confident in that, I would send out 10 seeds and get paid ONLY IF THE GROWER IS HAPPY WITH THE GERMINATION....That is how much I stand behind my seeds. Only thing I would ask for is postal charge...USA is like $3.50-$4 bucks

jcas004

jcas004

Ok so Id mentioned in a previous thread that seeds I ordered hadnt germinated. Ive just received replacements that ive let sit in water & am now transferring into paper towels. Ive always done the paper towel mwthos with much success but in the past just put plates together & placed under a light bulb for warmth. This time I sealed the plates & in saran wrap & placed plates on top of germination pad. Could this be reason for not germinating. Could germ pad be creating too much heat? When I open plates there's lots of condensation.
I just fold and moist a paper towel with hot water and squeeze out most of the water put it in a sandwich baggie and put it in my garage or on top of fridge.. I have a garage now so it stays pretty humid I'm there. Within three days they have a root. If not I repeat it again..they pop right out within a day. No issues.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

So what do you have to loose? Damned if you do, damned if you don't? When seeds do not pop the way they are supposed to ,we have little recourse other than to try more drastic measures. Score the seeds (little sandpaper or other rought them up measure to get through the waxy layer), soak in 50/50 milk/water to add sugar in case the seeds are old and used up their sugar/starch stores), heating mats, paper towel / baggies, lamps, etc. Good seeds pop within 48 hours...ALWAYS. Poor seeds, well, they show their true self don't they? Nothing to lose throwing them in the dirt, everything to gain. Reminder - if the seed pops and the eat is above 79°f, you can cook them and nothing will come out. bacteria just kind of dissolves the tap before you get a chance to see it.

Many of us home breeders grow phenomenal seeds, we just lack the marketing ploys the big boys have. I am a fan of homegrown over institutions. I am so confident in that, I would send out 10 seeds and get paid ONLY IF THE GROWER IS HAPPY WITH THE GERMINATION....That is how much I stand behind my seeds. Only thing I would ask for is postal charge...USA is like $3.50-$4 bucks
Well I certainly agree with you. I've grown for yrs just to do it cuz I love the plant but the best bud I've had as always come from home growers who've been doing it for 30 yrs + & they're parents grew too. I'm from Pa,the northeastern US & youd be surprised how much good bud is grown here. Everyone raves about Cali weed which I've had plenty of & it's good but the state it comes from doesn't make the pot,the growers do & Pennsylvania is a farming state. Genetics count too,no doubt. But I've had dispensary weed & I'll take weed from a home grower than dispensary anyday. And you're right,all my seeds have always popped within 3-4 days tops. These seeds just suck! But anyways like u said I got nothing too lose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom