Am I Nuts for Going CoCo? Bad Pun Intended.

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

After one good grow in soil and one disaster, I'm thinking about switching to sprouting in paper towel for my next photo grow and transplanting into solo cups filled with coco. My last run was in ff happy frog and my plants developed a very bad ph problem. I tested my bag of soil after the fact and it was at 8.0 :( I was thinking of trying out Mother Earth CoCo with Perlite and using Advanced Nutrients for nutes. Is this a bad idea? I don't have a problem with more watering. Do I feed the plants every watering or every other watering? Would love any advice as I'm now weary of soil.

30roll

30roll

AN recommended Sunshine Mix #4 or Promix HP when I emailed them.
The local store had the Sunshine Advanced Mix #4 so that's what I got..

30roll

30roll

I to am using all Advanced Nutrients and mix everytime I water. No problems so far. I'm in 7gal Bags now.

This is my 1st grow so I'm a noob but they look good. This is what my Plants look like at 8 weeks old,

Along with MGB, this week I just started using Bud Candy, Bud Igniter and Piranha. I have Big Bud, Overdrive and Flawless Finish waiting when the time comes. I just flipped to 12/12 on Saturday, and today they are already showing pistils 3-4 days later.

I watered on Saturday with 3 liters each with no runoff and my largest Plant was wilting last night 2 days latter, so I watered them again. They are really goind nuts since I got them in the Bags. I'm going to step up the amount to 4 liters.

IMG 20210201 133951345

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I to am using all Advanced Nutrients and mix everytime I water. No problems so far. I'm in 7gal Bags now.

This is my 1st grow so I'm a noob but they look good. This is what my Plants look like at 8 weeks old,

Along with MGB, this week I just started using Bud Candy, Bud Igniter and Piranha. I have Big Bud, Overdrive and Flawless Finish waiting when the time comes. I just flipped to 12/12 on Saturday, and today they are already showing pistils 3-4 days later.

I watered on Saturday with 3 liters each with no runoff and my largest Plant was wilting last night 2 days latter, so I watered them again. They are really goind nuts since I got them in the Bags. I'm going to step up the amount to 4 liters.

View attachment 1087523
Those are looking great! What kind of coco are you using? Did you use less nutes than they recommend?

30roll

30roll

Full strength for the Bud Candy, Bud Igniter and Piranha. I'm at 3ml per Liter for MGB. I'm might go the full 4ml when I up the water amount.
You can't tell by that pic, but if I take a Plant out of the Tent and get it under regular lights, the color is a deep green.

Latest posts

Top Bottom