Am i over thinking this?

• Thread starter CaptainStickman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaptainStickman

CaptainStickman

Hey all,

I have a few pics that I would like to have looked at. I have a plant thats in week 3 and is looking a little weird. I've just started feeding them with micro 5-0-1 5ml per gal. They've been fed 2 times and I've been keeping the medium moist but not too moist as it would harm the roots. I have one plant that's giving some weird signals that she's stressed. See how the leaves are folding?
20210809_131629.jpg
Am i over thinking this 2

Dabward

Dabward

Hey all,

I have a few pics that I would like to have looked at. I have a plant thats in week 3 and is looking a little weird. I've just started feeding them with micro 5-0-1 5ml per gal. They've been fed 2 times and I've been keeping the medium moist but not too moist as it would harm the roots. I have one plant that's giving some weird signals that she's stressed. See how the leaves are folding? View attachment 1155608View attachment 1155609

20210809 183946
Dabward

Dabward

Same.. I think it's a lack of nutrients. I posted earlier. Just scrolling through these posts trying to find similar problems. There is a leaf deficiencies chart at the top of this thread that ive found helpful in the past. probably a lack of all nutrients in my case. That one in the back looked like yours yeaterday b4 transplant. Drooping even after watering and curling under a little at the edges so I transplanted.. the other 3 look more vibrant.. but there is still some yellowing between the darker green veins..mine I think was a combination.. to big for solos and a lack of nutrients.. could be wrong altogether ....

Capital_Florica

Capital_Florica

Hey all,

I have a few pics that I would like to have looked at. I have a plant thats in week 3 and is looking a little weird. I've just started feeding them with micro 5-0-1 5ml per gal. They've been fed 2 times and I've been keeping the medium moist but not too moist as it would harm the roots. I have one plant that's giving some weird signals that she's stressed. See how the leaves are folding? View attachment 1155608View attachment 1155609

She’s definitely ready for a bigger pot. Depending on what soil you’re using, it could be a deficiency but most soils should get you to week three and then some no problem, so before you go messing with nutrients trying to fix her, I’d recommend two weeks in a bigger pot.

Don’t keep the medium moist, just water, let it dry out, and water again.

Capital_Florica

Capital_Florica

Same.. I think it's a lack of nutrients. I posted earlier. Just scrolling through these posts trying to find similar problems. There is a leaf deficiencies chart at the top of this thread that ive found helpful in the past. probably a lack of all nutrients in my case. That one in the back looked like yours yeaterday b4 transplant. Drooping even after watering and curling under a little at the edges so I transplanted.. the other 3 look more vibrant.. but there is still some yellowing between the darker green veins..mine I think was a combination.. to big for solos and a lack of nutrients.. could be wrong altogether ....

Could be a combination. The bigger pots will definitely help though. At that stage, with soil, it shouldn’t be a lack of nutrients. Most soils should have no problem getting your plant through the first couple weeks.

CaptainStickman

CaptainStickman

I'm using fox farms ocean forest that comes prepackaged with bat guano and worm castings I've even given them a small nitrogen boost with the nutes I've given. I personally think I could have damaged the roots by overwatering and that she's just growing through the rough phase but I don't want the curling to get worse. I have 5 gal pots that they're going to in a week. I just wanted to ask the community since you guys all have some good advice. I thank you for the input I'll update after I make the swap.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

That plant is probably just a bit overwatered or may have gotten an unusually strong dose of your ferts.

No need for bigger pots as long as you plan to flip to flower soon. What's your game plan?
It's definitely not too small a container for the size plant it is now. How long ago did you transplant them?

Latest posts

Top Bottom