Am I reading this light chart correctly for optimal growth w/o additional Co2?

• Thread starter Tropo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tropo

Tropo

Hi All,

Looking for some advice or confirmation that I am reading this light chart the correct way as I do not want to spend the $$ to purchase a PAR light meter.

I'm currently using this light: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GNZ7M74/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's PAR chart is as follows:

Am i reading this light chart correctly for optimal growth wo additional co2

I'm currently rocking a 2x4 grow tent with one pant, but plan on having two in it next cycle. I'm not sure if I calculated the usage correctly, but my current plan is this:

Seedling: 40% @ 24" from plant
Veg: 40% @ 16-18" from plant
Flower: 60% @ 16-18" from plant

Planning to let the plant grow in to the stronger light and adjust once it reaches 16 or maybe 15" in Veg and Flower.

What do you guys think?

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Hi All,

Looking for some advice or confirmation that I am reading this light chart the correct way as I do not want to spend the $$ to purchase a PAR light meter.

I'm currently using this light: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GNZ7M74/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's PAR chart is as follows:

View attachment 1197465

I'm currently rocking a 2x4 grow tent with one pant, but plan on having two in it next cycle. I'm not sure if I calculated the usage correctly, but my current plan is this:

Seedling: 40% @ 24" from plant
Veg: 40% @ 16-18" from plant
Flower: 60% @ 16-18" from plant

Planning to let the plant grow in to the stronger light and adjust once it reaches 16 or maybe 15" in Veg and Flower.

What do you guys think?
How do you know what PAR value 40 and 60 percent equate to? Any chance you have a newer iPhone? At least one iPhone has been shown to be reasonably accurate with a light app, unlike all other phones.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Yeah, use the lux meter app to get an idea. Those PAR charts are inaccurate at best, downright bogus most of the time. I would hang at around 24-30 inches. Use the dimmer to dial in wattage, around 50 watts for seedlings and increase as the plant grows. Works for me without a par meter. The plants will tell you if it's too much.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

The lux meter app does not work on my phone, seems like iphone users have better luck.

Top Bottom