Am I right in my thinking ?

• Thread starter ambertric
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ambertric

ambertric

ok ive been watching my babies turning yellow and some going crispy :( over the last week and ive now come up with this conclusion ..... my out take fan is more powerful than my intake and is sucking all the goodness out ... i cant turn down my out take any more as when i do my air cooled box light becomes to hot and warms up the tent way to much :( ive looked at my tent being sucked in a little and sure this is a BIG part of my problem :( ... so my question is... am i right in thinking this is a major factor in my problem and i should swap them round just 4 starters ????? please please help !!!!

hiboy

hiboy

when u got babies, fresh air isnt key, it does help but im limited on my intake and all my babies are looking sweet.
Whats ur humidity.thats key for babies. whats ur lighting situtation
and how old are ur babies, do they have roots, are they clones or seedlings/?
hb

ambertric

ambertric

sorry hiboy might of thrown off track a little bit :) ... my babies at i put went into flower mode yesterday :cool humidity is norm bout 50/60 but ive noticed since going over to 300w that this has started and it doesnt feel as fresh when breathing in when first open tent ;(

hiboy

hiboy

to turn your fan up dont suck air from the tent thru ur light, suck air from outside the tent, thru ur light and then out. this wont affect ur temps in the room.
h

ambertric

ambertric

soz that should ov said 600w light lol.... im trying to do this so i dont end up having to buy another fan as iv got my carbon filter also being sucked through my cool light ;)

ambertric

ambertric

i do know that my out take is alot more powerful than my intake so in my eyes its got 2 b better me switching round the fans ??? ive run out ov money to put into this and its only my first go ;)

convex

convex

I don't really think your airflow is causing your plants to yellow and ... we need to know your environmentals, nute regime and media to better help.

As far as your fan options ... try just the exhaust and open an intake or two and run a passive intake - negative pressure is good at keeping odours from leaking.

Cheers

Scrappy-doo

Scrappy-doo

Premium Member
Supporter
One thing I can say confidently without even a pic is that your problem is not your fans.

For one, why do you have an intake fan. Totally unnecessary dude all you need is the outtake fan. Save yourself some electricity and unplug your intake.

More likely your yellowing crispy leaves are from either being too close to your lights, or some sort of nute burn issue, or possibly a root issue, ie root rot.

Without pics you're asking for people to shoot in the dark with solutions for you.

Top Bottom